Your level of apathy level for the 2018 season

Moose Milligan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Looking forward to watching Hays, Sisco, Wynns, Stewart, Mullins and any other youngsters given the opportunity to play this year.

It's the total inactivity coming from FO that's made me apathetic. Those dummies don't even have a plan it seems to me. No direction. If I lived in the area of Baltimore I wouldn't spend one damn dime on any O's merchandise or any tickets on games. I sure don't won't any of my money going to Angelos. 

To paraphrase the TV show Frasier:

At Cornell University they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the Tunneling Electron Microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe. If I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in the 2018 Orioles.

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm at a solid 8.  I feel like I'm going to be watching out of obligation more than anything and specific players.  Probably watching for Jones and Machado's last season in Baltimore, maybe Hays can be good.  See if Cisco can hang in the bigs.

I don't want to watch any of our pitching.  Like, flip the channel, find something else to watch.

This is what I'm curious about. Why the interest in Hays and Sisco, but not Cortes and Mesa?

The inevitability of losing Manny Machado has me really bummed out. And the possibility (if not probability) that it will happen at the end of the season for a comp pick instead of at the deadline for a haul of prospects makes it even worse. 

I know I'm going to watch a ton of O's baseball in 2018 because my schedule kind of revolves around it, but I'm not going to be a slave to it like I have been for the last 10 years or so. I know I'll put the game on either the tv or radio in the backyard just about every day, but this organization is making it hard to be excited about anything with arguably the three most important individuals in it in lame duck status.

I am absolutely 100% disgusted with the management of this team in the offseason.  Disgusted to the point that I want the team sold and Duke replaced immediately.  That all said, I still got tingly seeing the first photos from Sarasota.  I still bleed black and orange.  And I still root for these players to succeed.  I have my 13 game plan and will get to about 20 games this year, just like always, and the other 142 I'll watch on tv.  In other words...my total disgust for the management of the offseason will not carry over to the actual team.  I'll be ready on March 29 just as I am every year...

...but for the rest of this offseason, I cannot guarantee ANY degree of optimism at all.  

7 minutes ago, now said:

This is what I'm curious about. Why the interest in Hays and Sisco, but not Cortes and Mesa?

For me?

Because Mesa was a third round pick...in the rule V draft.

Now it is great that some folks here have seen things in Mesa that make them think he can be something.

But I see every team in ML baseball, including a substantial number that are actively tanking the season, pass on him repeatedly.  Heck the O's passed on him twice.  I just can't wind myself up to be excited about the probable outcome.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

For me?

Because Mesa was a third round pick...in the rule V draft.

Now it is great that some folks here have seen things in Mesa that make them think he can be something.

But I see every team in ML baseball, including a substantial number that are actively tanking the season, pass on him repeatedly.  Heck the O's passed on him twice.  I just can't wind myself up to be excited about the probable outcome.

I get that about Mesa, I want him to do well, because of his genes, and whom his father is. Im not betting the farm on it.

I think Cortes is the one I think is closest to stepping in as a starter, and given the lack of competition, I hope its not a mistake.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I get that about Mesa, I want him to do well, because of his genes, and whom his father is. Im not betting the farm on it.

I think Cortes is the one I think is closest to stepping in as a starter, and given the lack of competition, I hope its not a mistake.

I'm hopeful Cortes performs adequately because he sounds like he would be fun to watch.

But I'm not expecting him to be an impact player.

14 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

1, super excited for baseball. Don't mistake it for unfounded optimism in the Orioles, I just love the sport. No apathy here. 

Me too. Plus regardless of what they do about SP  I am interested in watching Beckham at 3B,  Manny at SS, Hays, Santander, Sisco, Mancini Schoop, and also tto see if Davis and Trumbo can bounce back. That should hold me til June.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm hopeful Cortes performs adequately because he sounds like he would be fun to watch.

But I'm not expecting him to be an impact player.

5th starter as LHP for now and maybe even a 2 or 3 slotted pitcher after a couple of years in the bigs will be fine for me. :)

he seams to be a guy who can get hitters out, without having to rely on a 98 MPH heater.

18 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

I am absolutely 100% disgusted with the management of this team in the offseason.  Disgusted to the point that I want the team sold and Duke replaced immediately.  That all said, I still got tingly seeing the first photos from Sarasota.  I still bleed black and orange.  And I still root for these players to succeed.  I have my 13 game plan and will get to about 20 games this year, just like always, and the other 142 I'll watch on tv.  In other words...my total disgust for the management of the offseason will not carry over to the actual team.  I'll be ready on March 29 just as I am every year...

...but for the rest of this offseason, I cannot guarantee ANY degree of optimism at all.  

Well said Dipper9!

40 minutes ago, Plutarch said:

To paraphrase the TV show Frasier:

At Cornell University they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the Tunneling Electron Microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe. If I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in the 2018 Orioles.

Love the Frasier reference!!

Archived