Manny: “Thank God I wasn’t traded.”

Frobby

5 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

"Thank God I probably have more value at shortstop"

Does he?  My guess is that if he's a +10 third baseman he'll be about a +5 shortstop.  Which is countered by the -5 difference in positional adjustment from short to third.

I don't think him moving to short changes his value in any big way.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DrungoHazewood said:

Does he?  My guess is that if he's a +10 third baseman he'll be about a +5 shortstop.  Which is countered by the -5 difference in positional adjustment from short to third.

Well, I guess we'll see.  

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

If he plays well defensively at SS it would make him more of an option for more teams though. 

If someone has an interest next year in FA seeing him play the position for a full year is better than just assuming he can do it. 

5 hours ago, eddie83 said:

If he plays well defensively at SS it would make him more of an option for more teams though. 

If someone has an interest next year in FA seeing him play the position for a full year is better than just assuming he can do it. 

I guess there's something to that, but he's already played short for 50 games in the majors and shown he's pretty capable.

4 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I guess there's something to that, but he's already played short for 50 games in the majors and shown he's pretty capable.

Sure. I just think it would be easier to commit a ton of money to someone after you saw them handle the position for a full year. 

He is going to get a paid either way. 

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Just concentrate on the fanbase.  They haven't become more likeable.

It's amazing how sitting behind NYY fans at a Baltimore home game makes a likable guy like me a "monster".  They have always been a downright unlikeable fanbase (and I grew up in NYC always hating the NYY).  Give me Leo the Lip, Say Hey, McCovey, etc. any day!  Black and Orange (like Susac)!

19 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

They had Manny last year right?

Honestly we need better SP....The bullpen is good and they are good at picking up an extra piece here or there. 

If Manny and Schoop were resigned and you are stuck with Davis at 3B and presumably Mountcastle almost ready at 3B. Plus we are padded at catcher, you are really again only looking for a rotation. At this point if they gave Cobb a 4 year deal Cashner would be starting game 4 and one of the gaggle of candidates would be starting at the end of the rotation. 

If Bundy, Guasman, Cobb, and Cashner could all give you 3.25-4.25 and 180ish innings each....I think the Orioles could hang around for the WC and perhaps more.

Archived