Machado - SS

Davis - 1B 

Trumbo - DH 

Mancini - LF

Rasmus - RF

Beckham - 3B

Joseph - C 

SP - Gaus/Bundy? 

Thinking about it, our lineup is pretty stacked, but we do need Davis, Machado, Trumbo to rebound to be competitive. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, orioles4lyfe said:

Whats your opening day lineup? 

Jones - CF 

Schoop - 2B 

Machado - SS

Davis - 1B 

Trumbo - DH 

Mancini - LF

Rasmus - RF

Beckham - 3B

Joseph - C 

SP - Gaus/Bundy? 

Thinking about it, our lineup is pretty stacked, but we do need Davis, Machado, Trumbo to rebound to be competitive. 

I think this is a realistic take.  Can't really argue with it.  Hays the 4th outfielder unless he dominates the spring and Rasmus doesn't do anything.

OD starter is Bundy.

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think this is a realistic take.  Can't really argue with it.  Hays the 4th outfielder unless he dominates the spring and Rasmus doesn't do anything.

OD starter is Bundy.

I think there is zero chance of Hays as a 4th OF. Either he wins a starting gig or he starts in AAA. Santander will be on the team. 

I think Gausman will be the opening day starter.

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

I think there is zero chance of Hays as a 4th OF. Either he wins a starting gig or he starts in AAA. Santander will be on the team. 

Agreed no way I They are using service time on Hays to sit on bench.  He starts or plays in Norfolk.

1 hour ago, orioles4lyfe said:

Whats your opening day lineup? 

Jones - CF 

Schoop - 2B 

Machado - SS

Davis - 1B 

Trumbo - DH 

Mancini - LF

Rasmus - RF

Beckham - 3B

Joseph - C 

SP - Gaus/Bundy? 

Sounds realistic.  I would rather have the strikeout king bat lower than 4th.  Why not:

Beckham 3B

Machado SS

Jones CF

Schoop 2B

Mancini LF

Davis 1B

Trumbo DH

Rasmus RF

Joseph C

SP- Bundy

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Sounds realistic.  I would rather have the strikeout king bat lower than 4th.  Why not:

Beckham 3B

Machado SS

Jones CF

Schoop 2B

Mancini LF

Davis 1B

Trumbo DH

Rasmus RF

Joseph C

SP- Bundy

This lineup looks right to me. Hays starts at Norfolk unless he tears it up in Spring Training.

6 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Speed?!?! We don't need no stinking speed!!!

Gentry, by Roch

“You understand and you see how the free agent stuff has been going this offseason from top to bottom, but I’m glad that there was a desire on their part to bring me part and there’s definitely a desire on my part,” Gentry said.

“I even told them at the end of the season, ‘This is where I want to be next year. It would be great if we could make it happen and if not, I understand.’ Just the fact that they kind of stayed in contact throughout the entire offseason, it meant the world to me, obviously, and I’m just happy that this opportunity was there and I could come back to a place that’s familiar to me, it’s familiar for them, and I have the trust of the staff. And I love playing here. It just worked out perfectly.

“I know the staff, I know Buck, I really like him as a person, as a manager and I have a lot of respect for him. I have a lot of respect for our staff and I know the guys in the locker room. The core guys are the same guys returning and I have a good relationship with all of them and it’s just familiar. That plays a big role, especially at my age when you want to win and you want to enjoy it while you’re doing it and I feel like this is a great opportunity not only for myself but just for us as a team.

“I think we’re kind of being overlooked like we always are. I know last year was tough, but I think we still have a great opportunity ahead of us and I want to be a part of it.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/02/gentry-i-love-playing-here-it-just-worked-out-perfectly.html

As abnormal as it may seem, the Orioles face plant of last September occurred when Gentry went down. 

5 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Beckham 3B

Machado SS

Jones CF

Schoop 2B

Mancini LF

Davis 1B

Trumbo DH

Rasmus RF

Joseph C

SP- Bundy

I think Davis will hit at least one spot higher. I don’t think Buck will want 2 out of 3 hitters LH, it makes it easier for late game strategy by the other manager. 

7 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Agreed on all counts.   

Archived