Manny Machado SS
Adam Jones CF
Chris Davis 1B
Jonathan Schoop 2B
Mark Trumbo DH
Tim Beckham 3B
Chance Sisco C

Kevin Gausman RHP

Rasmus probably leading off to get him some extra ABs. But, Mancini at the 2 spot is pretty interesting. 

1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

I believe that's the second game Mancini has batted second.  And I think you are right about Rasmus and ABs.

This made me go look up some Macini and Schoop on-base stats from last year. Interestingly, they both hit exactly .293 with a .338 OBP. I bet Mancini is the higher OBP bat going forward, though.

This may not be the best opening day lineup but I hope the Orioles settle on this lineup soon

1. C - Sisco

2. LF - Mancini

3. 2B - Schoop

4. SS - Machado

5. CF - Jones

6. 1B - Davis

7. 3B - Beckham

8. DH - Trumbo

9. RF - Hays

I would want as much OBP ahead of Manny and Schoop as possible.  At least Sisco and Mancini will consistently give you good at bats.  I absolutely want Hays and Sisco in the lineup everyday for a team that is likely not winning more than 75 games anyway.

4 hours ago, orioles4lyfe said:

Me too. I think that chapter is closed. 

I could totally see us signing him to a high $$ contract and him regressing back to how he was in his stint in Baltimore :P

My exact, pessimistic thoughts. Get burned by him twice and make it even worse than it already is. And usually I'm optimistic if anything, but sometimes you just know what is about to happen. Sure he could come back and be incredible and it's this great story, sounds great anyway...too great.

4 hours ago, The Goob said:

This may not be the best opening day lineup but I hope the Orioles settle on this lineup soon

1. C - Sisco

2. LF - Mancini

3. 2B - Schoop

4. SS - Machado

5. CF - Jones

6. 1B - Davis

7. 3B - Beckham

8. DH - Trumbo

9. RF - Hays

I would want as much OBP ahead of Manny and Schoop as possible.  At least Sisco and Mancini will consistently give you good at bats.  I absolutely want Hays and Sisco in the lineup everyday for a team that is likely not winning more than 75 games anyway.

I actually really like this lineup. Ironically, I think it may give us the best chance to compete. Cisco and Hays could both be starting midway though the season. To start the year though, Hays will be sent down forsure to get Santander his 45 days. 

Also, I know Beckham did well last year when he came over, but I'm really not feeling his Career .260 BA and .310 OBP at the leadoff spot. Would prefer to get our best hitters more ABs. 

4 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

This made me go look up some Macini and Schoop on-base stats from last year. Interestingly, they both hit exactly .293 with a .338 OBP. I bet Mancini is the higher OBP bat going forward, though.

Would rather have both bat higher and push Beckham down the order. He had a career year last year and his OBP was still .328

2 hours ago, orioles4lyfe said:

I actually really like this lineup. Ironically, I think it may give us the best chance to compete. Cisco and Hays could both be starting midway though the season. To start the year though, Hays will be sent down forsure to get Santander his 45 days. 

Also, I know Beckham did well last year when he came over, but I'm really not feeling his Career .260 BA and .310 OBP at the leadoff spot. Would prefer to get our best hitters more ABs. 

Sign me up for this lineup too, and it does the best job to limit the black hole of Davis/Trumbo besides benching them.  

Archived