Spring Injury Tracker

interloper

Rotoworld:

Schoop banged the elbow on something and had to have it drained after it swelled up on him. He was scratched from Friday's lineup and the Orioles couldn't say for sure when he'll return to action, but it shouldn't be too long. It's the second baseman's non-throwing elbow. 

Rotoworld:

It doesn't seem to be anything the Orioles are overly concerned with at this point, but they won't rush the young right-hander back. Castro is currently lined up to compete for a spot in the Baltimore rotation, but he might wind up in the bullpen or at Triple-A Norfolk. 

7 hours ago, interloper said:
  • Schoop out with left elbow bursitis
  • Castro out with tendinitis in both knees

It begins.

I had a bout of elbow bursitis a few years ago.   It can hurt pretty good with the fluid build up and can become an infection.   But I was given antibiotics and it was gone within a week.  I suspect Schoop will be fine.  

10 hours ago, interloper said:

Rotoworld:

Athletes are a bit like racehorses ...delicate...except for Cal.      Banged his elbow, had to have it drained.  Step wrong at home, out six weeks.  Take a wrong step in the parking lot, on the DL for 60days. 

19 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I really hope another team gets a 1B injury and wants Trumbo

This doesn't have anything to do with spring injuries, per se, but I see that JD's deal with the Sox is being held up due to a medical concern. If this were the O's the pundits would kill us. But you watch, at the end of this the pundits will talk about how wise Boston was no matter what the outcome of this is. 

Hays lat injury doesn’t sound good. Those thins tend to linger. 

Chris Lee has an oblique injury that Buck doesn’t sound so optimistic about. Ever since Lee went from throwing 92 to 98 he’s been hurt all the time. 

I’d like to see Mullins, Stewart and Santander get AB’s over Presley and Brugman. We gave the rule 5 draftee Tavares like 70 ST ABs last year. If only we would do that for Mullins this year. 

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Hays lat injury doesn’t sound good. Those thins tend to linger. 

Chris Lee has an oblique injury that Buck doesn’t sound so optimistic about. Ever since Lee went from throwing 92 to 98 he’s been hurt all the time. 

I’d like to see Mullins, Stewart and Santander get AB’s over Presley and Brugman. We gave the rule 5 draftee Tavares like 70 ST ABs last year. If only we would do that for Mullins this year. 

HUGE Mullings fan here, love your post!

On 2/23/2018 at 8:26 PM, tntoriole said:

Athletes are a bit like racehorses ...delicate...except for Cal.      Banged his elbow, had to have it drained.  Step wrong at home, out six weeks.  Take a wrong step in the parking lot, on the DL for 60days. 

I hear you, but some of the examples you allude to turned out to be real suspicious. Things like dirt bikes that were banned in contracts, etc. If I hurt myself on a dirt bike and wanted to hide it from the team, I think I could come up with a more manly excuse though! 

Archived