Quick Hits: Orioles Spring Opener

Luke-OH

I heard DJ Stewart on the radio Wednesday suggesting he was the LH outfielder that the O’s had been looking for. This was before Rasmus signed. I am guessing he was bummed when Rasmus showed up.  

What did you see from Davis?  I feel like he could be a major swing vote in how our offense pans out this year. 

54 minutes ago, bird watcher said:

I heard DJ Stewart on the radio Wednesday suggesting he was the LH outfielder that the O’s had been looking for. This was before Rasmus signed. I am guessing he was bummed when Rasmus showed up.  

For an out of stater, what station(s) have reliably good sports talk radio coverage of the Os? 

I dropped XM and I’m missing commentary like from MLB network. Any station at any particular time that is worth a shot on TuneIn Radio?

Same question if anyone has a podcast they like a lot.

Watched the game on MASN, I was actually impressed by Araujo, though he had great movement on all his pitches, and looked liked like he had a sense of reading bats. Was disappointed in Wrights fastball, he can throw a lot harder than the 90/92 range. Rodriquez also looked good. As for the hitters, first time seeing some of them, but I liked the bat speed of our young group of potential young prospects. I was really impressed by the young arms that TB has, mostly AA prospects,  if that's their B team, then their future is bright.

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

Nice article, but what are you doing posting it at 4:58 a.m on Saturday morning?  (As for me, I’m just momentarily out of bed.)

@Can_of_corn was right, up watching curling. I work night shift often as well so you’ll see plenty of late night stuff from me.

6 hours ago, bird watcher said:

What did you see from Davis?  I feel like he could be a major swing vote in how our offense pans out this year. 

The only thing hurting Stewart is he’s not really a good fit for CF or RF, if the LF job was open, I think he’d have a solid shot at winning it.

6 hours ago, TheBee said:

Good job.  I was more impressed with Araujo than you, but in all honesty, I wasn't watching as closely as you were...I was doing other things-not involving curling btw. Thanks for the good summary.

I’m not down on Araujo from that outing, if he can keep throwing a good changeup it’ll improve his chances of success. My point is that he didn’t have his best pitch (CB) and he’ll definitely need that pitch to be great if he wants to make the team.

Archived