The 'Let's Hit Some Taters' Lineup

mdbdotcom

Since we aren't going to compete for a playoff spot, might as well hit some taters, right?

1. 3B Beckham
  2. 2B Schoop
  3. SS Machado
  4. DH Alvarez/Valencia
  5. CF Jones
  6. LF Mancini
  7. 1B Davis/Trumbo
  8. C  Sisco/Joseph
  9. RF Rasmus/Santander

This lineup would hit some taters - 20+ in every slot of the lineup - and leaves no one rotting on the pine. Every position player has a full-time job or is part of a platoon. Guys in platoons can win a job outright by out-playing their platoon-mate.

Once Hays is ready and Santander has done his 44 days, Hays replaces Santander.

Won't happen. Just a thought.

1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

Since we aren't going to compete for a playoff spot, might as well hit some taters, right?

1. 3B Beckham
  2. 2B Schoop
  3. SS Machado
  4. DH Alvarez/Valencia
  5. CF Jones
  6. LF Mancini
  7. 1B Davis/Trumbo
  8. C  Sisco/Joseph
  9. RF Rasmus/Santander

This lineup would hit some taters - 20+ in every slot of the lineup - and leaves no one rotting on the pine. Every position player has a full-time job or is part of a platoon. Guys in platoons can win a job outright by out-playing their platoon-mate.

Taters!

I'm not sure how unrealistic this really is. In fact, there's a pretty good chance this is exactly what happens. The longest shot here is Alvarez, which is probably the case because he takes away the defensive replacement OFer Buck usually requires. Now, to begin the season, with all of the rain days built into it, it might not be that big of a requirement, but I have a hard time seeing Alvarez making the team out of ST over Rickard, particularly with the Rule V army of pitchers we have.

So yes, I managed to talk myself into and out of this scenario in about 4 sentences. I do kinda like the idea though.

5 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

1. 3B Beckham
  2. 2B Schoop
  3. SS Machado
  4. DH Alvarez/Valencia
  5. CF Jones
  6. LF Mancini
  7. 1B Davis/Trumbo
  8. C  Sisco/Joseph
  9. RF Rasmus/Santander

Let me guess. Your favorite movie is "Platoon".

Archived