2018 Chris Tillman

Il BuonO

9 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Scott Coolbaugh? :D

I have no idea what the guy's name is.  I just remember back in like 2012 or something people were really angered by Rowell's unwillingness to be coached bc he had his own hitting coach outside of the org.  I think it was actually Roy Firestone that said he had a source on that conflict or something, maybe not. Rowell's guy was one of his HS coaches?

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rowell peaked in High School which is a lesson the Orioles still have yet to learn as they continue to waste first round picks on high school wonders who have never faced any real talent go see how good they really are.

Just now, Old#5fan said:

Rowell peaked in High School which is a lesson the Orioles still have yet to learn as they continue to waste first round picks on high school wonders who have never faced any real talent go see how good they really are.

Huh?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I stopped trying years ago.

Kind of unrelated, but I'm arguing with a guy on twitter who thinks it'd be stupid for the Orioles to trade Machado and Davis (O's not eating any of his contract) for a C+ prospect. Maybe I should stop trying too.

6 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Kind of unrelated, but I'm arguing with a guy on twitter who thinks it'd be stupid for the Orioles to trade Machado and Davis (O's not eating any of his contract) for a C+ prospect. Maybe I should stop trying too.

If the Davis contract truly doesn't impact the rest of the budget I'll agree with them.

But I don't believe that.

51 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I really don't see any MLB team agreeing to that, but if they did, I would jump on that in a second.  There are many more creative ways to add talent to this org than just trading one player.  If we invest that money saved in the intl market, we'd be just as golden as any return we get for Machado (although like you have said it would take a few years).  Combine that with the next 3 years of high draft picks, trading Gausman, Bundy, Schoop, etc. for a return, and spending that saved money on high impact FA at just right moment(3 Years from now), and we could finally get back to a WS within the next decade.

TIllman has been pitching tonight in Norfolk.  The usual happened.  He gave up a bunch of runs, a bunch of hits, a bunch of walks.  But he didn't strike out anyone.  He has lasted 5 innings so that is a plus.  And only 4 runs,  7 hits and 2 BB.  

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Buck said the film on Tillman was more positive then his line.Next start in Frederick and starts mapped out till the 18th.Can hardly wait till the Tillman arrives.

Man it's going to be embarrassing when he gets lit up yet again against an A ball squad.

Archived