Mike Wright is not a major league pitcher.

Snutchy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, atomic said:

Wright said he made some very good pitches and the Yankees are a very good team.  Also says he feels very good where is at.  I wonder if a DFA will make him change his mind.

I would have more respect for him if he simply said "I sucked today, I'll do better next time". Instead he dodges blame for being an awful pitcher. I can't wait til they DFA this guy.

10 minutes ago, oriole said:

I would have more respect for him if he simply said "I sucked today, I'll do better next time". Instead he dodges blame for being an awful pitcher. I can't wait til they DFA this guy.

He has an unfortunate habit of saying basically the same thing after every bad outing. 

10 minutes ago, oriole said:

Nope. Dave Wallace was too hard on him.  Wright will probably hang around in the pen becaus se our RH relief depth isn’t good right now. 

4 hours ago, atomic said:

One thing though,. Wright has said he is more comfortable with Sisco catching.  Why just not let Sisco catch him.  Disco should be catching at least 2/3 reds of the games anyway.

I can't agree with Sisco catching 2/3 of the games.  He has a lot to learn about catching and defensive skills of catching.  Does anyone think Sisco would have handled the double play with outs at home and 3rd the way Joseph did? 

51 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I can't agree with Sisco catching 2/3 of the games.  He has a lot to learn about catching and defensive skills of catching.  Does anyone think Sisco would have handled the double play with outs at home and 3rd the way Joseph did? 

No chance.     Sisco’s learning on the job and making a nice adjustment, but he’s not ready to make a play like that.

7 hours ago, gtman55 said:

Can we package Wright and Tillman for a prospect? They're both awful and not good enough to be starters in the AL East.

No team will give up a prospect for Wright and Tillman; not even if you paid for their salaries.

The best "prospect" you could hope for is someone with the skill set of Itchy Shoe, anyone remember him?

maxresdefault.jpg

3 minutes ago, O's are Legends said:

No team will give up a prospect for Wright and Tillman; not even if you paid for their salaries.

The best "prospect" you could hope for is someone with the skill set of Itchy Shoe, anyone remember him?

maxresdefault.jpg

Hey, that's Baltimore Orioles prospect "Itchy Shoe" you're talking about! Apparently he's still in the organization...

1 hour ago, canonfaz said:

I'd try him in the bullpen first before we DFA him. I don't ever want to see him start again. 

If you put him in the pen who are you bumping? I'd rather keep Cortes a while longer. And I'm certainly not sending Araujo away. I think Castro has an option.

9 hours ago, gtman55 said:

Can we package Wright and Tillman for a prospect? They're both awful and not good enough to be starters in the AL East.

If the O's include a draft pick they can get a very marginal prospect.  The other team will then DFA Wright and Tillman because they only wanted the draft pick.  The O's actually have a history of including a draft pick or intl slot money to get rid of players they don't want to pay.

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Amazing heads up play by Joseph. I think 99% of all catchers in that situation would have thrown to first. Joseph was quoted as saying "it’s a play I’ve thought about plenty of times before because most catchers will throw the ball to first base. You have two outs, that sounds great, but you also have the winning run at second base, so a flare not only ties the game, but it beats you, and I’ve always wondered why guys didn’t try to go to third base there to try and keep the winning run at first base so that it takes an extra-base hit to beat you, so it worked out."

Joseph may end up being a fine manager one day.

35 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If the O's include a draft pick they can get a very marginal prospect.  The other team will then DFA Wright and Tillman because they only wanted the draft pick.  The O's actually have a history of including a draft pick or intl slot money to get rid of players they don't want to pay.

The tradable draft pick the O’s have is worth far more than Tillman’s salary so that won’t happen. Wright is making the minimum, so you just DFA him, if multiple teams want him, then they can give up a marginal prospect.

1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

If you put him in the pen who are you bumping? I'd rather keep Cortes a while longer. And I'm certainly not sending Araujo away. I think Castro has an option.

I'd send down Scott for now. That would give him a few chances out of the pen before Cobb is ready. Once Cobb is ready, I'd DFA him if he's still terrible.

Archived