So do you expect Arrieta and Wieters to be in Bowie by Friday?

MarkakisFan21

If he's not 100%, but close to it (which is what I think), then I can see him pitching at least another 4-5 starts before a promotion. If he is 100% as of now, then I have no problem with promoting him. Ideally, there's such a logjam in Bowie that a move must be made there first before Arrieta gets moved up.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is anyone concerned that he's not 100% and yet is slated as the starter in tonight's All-Star game? Or am I being too cautious?

I wouldn't be too worried. I think Arrieta will go out and throw an inning, and then move on from there, whether its a flight with Wieters to Bowie, or back to Frederick to resume the second half. He is, judging by my estimates, due to pitch in Friday's home game against Kinston if he's still on the roster.

No one at Delmarva ready to move up?!

Then I think you're not looking close enough.

Who do you think should be promoted from Delmarva?

I love the Shorebirds and wish all their players would make it to the majors; I just don't see any starting pitcher really standing out right now.

Sean Gleason spent must of the year in the pen and only became a starter because the team needed to put a guy in the rotation. He is off to a great start, but it’s only a couple of starts.

Britton and Butler have been inactive at times with various issues this season. Butler is currently inactive but traveling with the team.

Luis Noel could be a sleeper prospect. I love they way he looks on the mound. He just stands their looking at the catcher acting all cool and then he all of a sudden throws the ball. I honestly believed in his last start he could have thrown a no hitter. He had problems with control which lead to a walk in the first and then he baulked. A throwing error followed. Then he had another inning where he lost controlled and kept walking everybody. He also seemed to struggle after the 5th inning in prior starts.

There maybe players the Orioles could move up into the Keys rotation, but it they are only looking for a filler they already have one in Zach Clark. If he can fill in at Triple A, then he surely can fill in the rotation a High A.

I expect Weiters to be on the first plane to Akron out of Myrtle Beach tomorrow morning.

That could possibly happen. I remember last year Bob McCrory took a red-eye to join the Baysox in Harrisburg a day after pitching in the Carolina/Cal League All-star game last June in California. Either way, most scouts that I've talked to all agree on one thing: Bowie's catching situation is in dire need of some help. One scout said that Brian Peterson and Steve Torrealba may be the worst defensive catching tandem he's ever seen. Though, to his credit, Peterson will give you some decent numbers with his bat.

That could possibly happen. I remember last year Bob McCrory took a red-eye to join the Baysox in Harrisburg a day after pitching in the Carolina/Cal League All-star game last June in California. Either way, most scouts that I've talked to all agree on one thing: Bowie's catching situation is in dire need of some help. One scout said that Brian Peterson and Steve Torrealba may be the worst defensive catching tandem he's ever seen. Though, to his credit, Peterson will give you some decent numbers with his bat.

I bet he will help out Tillman Spoone Hernandez Bergesen and Berken.

You are lucky BowieMike. Enjoy the 2nd Half!!!!

Gleason has started 9 of the 17 games he has appeared in, walks to strikeouts ratio is good as well, easily a candidate for promotion.

Who do you think should be promoted from Delmarva?

I love the Shorebirds and wish all their players would make it to the majors; I just don't see any starting pitcher really standing out right now.

Sean Gleason spent must of the year in the pen and only became a starter because the team needed to put a guy in the rotation. He is off to a great start, but it’s only a couple of starts.

Britton and Butler have been inactive at times with various issues this season. Butler is currently inactive but traveling with the team.

Luis Noel could be a sleeper prospect. I love they way he looks on the mound. He just stands their looking at the catcher acting all cool and then he all of a sudden throws the ball. I honestly believed in his last start he could have thrown a no hitter. He had problems with control which lead to a walk in the first and then he baulked. A throwing error followed. Then he had another inning where he lost controlled and kept walking everybody. He also seemed to struggle after the 5th inning in prior starts.

There maybe players the Orioles could move up into the Keys rotation, but it they are only looking for a filler they already have one in Zach Clark. If he can fill in at Triple A, then he surely can fill in the rotation a High A.

Archived