June 25th @ Northsiders

McNulty

People want to ***** and moan about the SS quandary every night but liked the Tejada trade. My goodness, okay we know that we don't have a formidable SS. I'm getting sick of hearing about it all the time.

Oh and BTW, I loved the Tejada trade, but all the same i've accepted that our SS position is lacking talent and i'm over it. I hope AM addresses it as best he can, but *****ing about Bynum/Cintron/LH/Fahey non-stop is really stupid to do IMO.

The thread has a tongue and cheek feel tonight. We all know the SS position is bad, the Orioles even know it. We are just trying to make light of it in a non violent way by joking about it.

Nothing more nothing less. We need laughter sometimes.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People want to ***** and moan about the SS quandary every night but liked the Tejada trade. My goodness, okay we know that we don't have a formidable SS. I'm getting sick of hearing about it all the time.

Oh and BTW, I loved the Tejada trade, but all the same i've accepted that our SS position is lacking talent and i'm over it. I hope AM addresses it as best he can, but *****ing about Bynum/Cintron/LH/Fahey non-stop is really stupid to do IMO.

Nobody's arguing against the Tejada trade, but we are not talking about merely mediocre or "replacement level" here. Cintron shouldn't start at shortstop on a little league team. He's so bad he seems to be costing us close to a run a game so far if not more and his poor decisions and inability to get the ball out of his glove has the potential to get our one good middle infielder killed. MacPhail should have done something to get a stopgap, but I wouldn't be ranting if we had Brandon Fahey or even Luis Hernandez out there. There's really just no excuse for Alex Cintron being the only shortstop option on you major league roster.

Archived