Trey Mancini is not an outfielder

atomic

Trey just is not suited to be an outfielder.  If you want to keep Trumbo and Davis my suggestion is just to trade Mancini.  Whatever productivity you get from his bat is washed out by his defensive play.   Satander isn't a good outfielder either.   

Time to replace these guys with people who can field.   Bring Rickard back up.   Bring up DJ.   Do something as there is nothing positive about this team. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the problem when the GM constructs a roster of mostly DH types: Trumbo, Davis, Santander, Mancini, Alvarez, Valencia and the list goes on and on. Hell, even Jones in this stage of his career is a corner OF'er at best and he's still parading around in CF.

6 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

This is the problem when the GM constructs a roster of mostly DH types: Trumbo, Davis, Santander, Mancini, Alvarez, Valencia and the list goes on and on. Hell, even Jones in this stage of his career is a corner OF'er at best and he's still parading around in CF.

DH bats are cheap in FA now. That’s why we have them.  Here’s why we’re terrible,

Not re signing Nelson Cruz

Not re signing Nick Markakis

Re signing Chris Davis

Re signing Mark Trumbo

The list gets longer, but limiting it to DH bats. 

54 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

DH bats are cheap in FA now. That’s why we have them.  Here’s why we’re terrible,

Not re signing Nelson Cruz

Not re signing Nick Markakis

Re signing Chris Davis

Re signing Mark Trumbo

The list gets longer, but limiting it to DH bats. 

Not looking at international players...that one really gets me.........

Trey has done a very good job out there considering he didn't play much, if any, OF in the minors.  He's been a pleasant surprise, but I think we all agree we'd be better with him at 1B or DH.  It's why I was so against the Trumbo re-signing.  Hopefully they can move Trumbo if he can manage to get hot for a month or so.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Signing Trumbo when Mancini appeared to be ready and Pedro was also available was just criminally bad. Angelos should probably sue Duquette for malpractice.

I think Trumbo was a Brady signing. 

22 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Signing Trumbo when Mancini appeared to be ready and Pedro was also available was just criminally bad. Angelos should probably sue Duquette for malpractice.

Even Davis was signed after Mancini hit .360 in Bowie.

I’ve been disappointed with Trey’s play in LF this year.   I thought he’d made himself into a half-decent defensive OF by the second half of last year, but he’s really regressed.

Santander’s also been disappointing.    

And it's why he doesn't show up on all these future value projection lists. He's not an outfielder because of the defense. While his bat plays great in the outfield, it's only around average at first. His offensive ceiling is limited by plate discipline issues (walk rate is steadily falling back down) and average power. He's still a tweener for me.

2 hours ago, esmd said:

Trey has done a very good job out there considering he didn't play much, if any, OF in the minors.  He's been a pleasant surprise, but I think we all agree we'd be better with him at 1B or DH.  It's why I was so against the Trumbo re-signing.  Hopefully they can move Trumbo if he can manage to get hot for a month or so.

None.  Not an outfielder. 

Archived