10 wins or 30 losses?

Nite

What do the O's get to first? I mean with how this season is going, got to find other fun ways to enjoy it. I'm thinking 30 losses before 10 wins. This way I can actually take SOME enjoyment from a loss...

1 hour ago, Nite said:

What do the O's get to first? I mean with how this season is going, got to find other fun ways to enjoy it. I'm thinking 30 losses before 10 wins. This way I can actually take SOME enjoyment from a loss...

Yes 30 loses before 10 wins. 

With KC in town, Schoop off the DL, and it looks like no Tillman in the KC series, I expect we win 2 out of 3.

Even if we lose two out of 3, that still means we just have to win Friday OR the first game Saturday to get to 10 before 30.

So I would say definitely 10. 

30 losses.  I just read on espn.com that the rotation is, "...25th in starters' WAR and 27th in ERA+. The defense figured to be shaky, but not like this: Baltimore is on pace to finish with minus-133 defensive runs saved. It's 22 runs worse than any other team. However, the worst thing about this struggling team is the fact that the offense -- expected to be the team's strength -- ranks 29th in OPS+. The Baltimore position players rank 28th or lower by WAR at catcher, first base, second base, third base, left field and center field. In right field, the ranking is 26th."

I think the rotation will get somewhat better as Cobb rounds into form, and hopefully Tillman gets DFA'd sooner rather than later.  The DRS is abysmal and I don't see much relief in sight.  Same with the offense, although I think Schoop will return and rebound to have a decent season, though not to the extent of last year.  I also think Sisco will hit more as the season goes along.  That said, this team is going to lose 100 games, and it will hit 30 L's before 10 W's.

16 minutes ago, gmelson26 said:

I will take 10 wins first.  I have a feeling we're going to luck into a few here soon.

Luck is about being in the right place at the right time.  Unfortunately for the Orioles defense to do that they would have to have decent defenders, and for the Orioles hitters to do that they would all have to straddle home plate.

1 hour ago, esmd said:

30 losses.  I just read on espn.com that the rotation is, "...25th in starters' WAR and 27th in ERA+. The defense figured to be shaky, but not like this: Baltimore is on pace to finish with minus-133 defensive runs saved. It's 22 runs worse than any other team. However, the worst thing about this struggling team is the fact that the offense -- expected to be the team's strength -- ranks 29th in OPS+. The Baltimore position players rank 28th or lower by WAR at catcher, first base, second base, third base, left field and center field. In right field, the ranking is 26th."

I think the rotation will get somewhat better as Cobb rounds into form, and hopefully Tillman gets DFA'd sooner rather than later.  The DRS is abysmal and I don't see much relief in sight.  Same with the offense, although I think Schoop will return and rebound to have a decent season, though not to the extent of last year.  I also think Sisco will hit more as the season goes along.  That said, this team is going to lose 100 games, and it will hit 30 L's before 10 W's.

I imagine we have nowhere to go but up. Those are some pretty rough statistics though. We won't finish with a lower winning percentage than we have right now in my opinion. 

Archived