Buck losing the Clubhouse?

Deadwood Fan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is any of the pitchers, they should pound sand.  We haven't had a major pitching injury that I can think of since Buck has been here (Britton's Achilles doesn't count).

As for the hitters, only Manny and Schoop have any right to complain.  Everyone else, who cares.

40 minutes ago, baltfan said:

If it is any of the pitchers, they should pound sand.  We haven't had a major pitching injury that I can think of since Buck has been here (Britton's Achilles doesn't count).

As for the hitters, only Manny and Schoop have any right to complain.  Everyone else, who cares.

Bundy's elbow, Bundy's shoulder, Tillman's shoulder.

I've never been too sure what it means to "lose the clubhouse." I don't doubt that the Orioles' clubhouse is not a happy or fun place to be, or that there's some sniping about things ranging from who on the team is a real a-hole to who in the organization to blame for this mess. 

I really don't care about any of that. Aside from watching individual games, and sometimes getting more wrapped up in them than a sane, rational person would, I'm trying to ignore the recent past and look ahead. Here's what I do care about:

• WILL THE PERSON OR PERSONS -- WHOEVER HE OR THEY MAY BE -- WITH THE AUTHORITY TO MAKE CHANGES IN THE DIRECTION OF THIS FLOUNDERING FRANCHISE MAKE A DECISION WHETHER TO CHANGE THE DIRECTION OR OVERALL STRATEGY OF THE FRANCHISE?
  • IF SO, WHEN WILL THAT DECISION BE MADE?
  • IF SO, WILL THE DECISION BE TO CHANGE THE TEAM'S DIRECTION OR OVERALL STRATEGY, AND IN WHAT WAYS WILL THAT DIRECTION OR OVERALL STRATEGY BE CHANGED? 
  • WILL THE FANS BE TOLD ABOUT ANY CHANGES IN THE TEAM'S DIRECTION OR OVERALL STRATEGY?
  • WILL THE TEAM'S FANS BE TOLD ABOUT DECISIONS OR ACTIONS TAKEN IN KEEPING WITH CHANGES IN THE TEAM'S TEAM'S DIRECTION OR OVERALL STRATEGY
  • WHEN WILL THE FANS SEE DECISIONS OR ACTIONS TAKEN AS PART OF A CHANGE IN THE DIRECTION OR OVERALL STRATEGY OF THIS FRANCHISE? 

I'd also really, really like to know when the team will be sold to owners who have some idea how to run a successful major league baseball team, but I'm trying to be a little bit realistic here.

Who is even established with the team to be “lost”?

Machado- focused on FA

Schoop- Maybe, he cares about his contract too. 

Davis- haha

Trumbo- seems like a jerk

SP- has anyone really been that good?

BP- Ditto

Mancini and Sisco- are too young

The rest of the players are bench guys. 

And the winner is ... ADAM JONES. He’s our leader. As much as I like him, we can’t build around him again. I’d rather keep Buck. Let Buck get us through a rebuild. Jones shouldn’t be too mad, he did ask for Davis to come back. 

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Who is even established with the team to be “lost”?

Machado- focused on FA

Schoop- Maybe, he cares about his contract too. 

Davis- haha

Trumbo- seems like a jerk

SP- has anyone really been that good?

BP- Ditto

Mancini and Sisco- are too young

The rest of the players are bench guys. 

And the winner is ... ADAM JONES. He’s our leader. As much as I like him, we can’t build around him again. I’d rather keep Buck. Let Buck get us through a rebuild. Jones shouldn’t be too mad, he did ask for Davis to come back. 

I highly doubt it's Adam Jones.  He and Buck seem to always compliment each other.  I could see it being any number of other guys, but not AJ.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Bundy's elbow, Bundy's shoulder, Tillman's shoulder.

Buck didn’t hurt Bundy.  No one knows what is going on without Tillman.  Overall he has a remarkable record of keeping pitchers healthy. 

4 hours ago, Deadwood Fan said:

Jerry Coleman of 105.7 the fan has been told by multiple people that the player's aren't completely behind Buck and are pointing fingers at him. 

You may want to check out this long thread.

Cafardo: Showalter losing the clubhouse

Tony also wrote a excellent article recently, there is a brief mention about the clubhouse as well.

It was literally the single worst decision I’ve ever witnessed as a baseball observer, and the fact Buck never took responsibility for the awful decision left a bad taste in many people’s mouth. According to one source, many people in the organization were shocked by Buck’s blunder and lack of responsibility.

Worst of all, there were whispers that Buck lost even more of his clubhouse with the move. Various sources have indicated that Buck has been losing influence over his clubhouse. As one source said, “When you play favorites with some players, that means you are being unfair to others. Players notice that.”

ORIOLES GAME OF THRONES AND THE WAY FORWARD

Archived