Who would you hire to replace Buck?

TonySoprano

Were the Angelos-Anderson cabal to fire Buck during the season, my guess is John Russell would handle the job until a permanent replacement is hired.  I am doubtful this will occur and believe Buck finishes the contract he is paid to perform.

Therefore, for this exercise, it's the offseason, and a search begins.  This isn't who do you think they will hire with all the internecine organizational politics but rather who should they hire?  Make your case to the Angelos family and Brady.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a perfect world I would hire Brady Anderson to do it just so that he has some accountability in the organization.  

But that won't happen.

Realistically the best option is probably Girardi.  As much as we loathed the guy when he was with NY I felt like he really helped those Yankee teams achieve more than they should have.

1 hour ago, TonySoprano said:

Were the Angelos-Anderson cabal to fire Buck during the season, my guess is John Russell would handle the job until a permanent replacement is hired.  I am doubtful this will occur and believe Buck finishes the contract he is paid to perform.

Therefore, for this exercise, it's the offseason, and a search begins.  This isn't who do you think they will hire with all the internecine organizational politics but rather who should they hire?  Make your case to the Angelos family and Brady.

Not to hijack but in past years this might be a glorious time to honor the man we have revered over the past few years.  Happy Birthday Buck!

I still love him!  Now if the "cabal" were to replace him, I'm going with a fresh face - another Buck - Britton!

542970.jpg

2 minutes ago, bobmc said:

I still love him!  Now if the "cabal" were to replace him, I'm going with a fresh face - another Buck - Britton!

542970.jpg

Buck Britton’s probably too green, but could be an interesting choice in a few years.    I think JJ Hardy also might be interesting.   But for now I’m thinking Sandy Alomar Jr. might be a good choice.    

2 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Cal Ripken. For the Family and for Brady. 

12 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Would Girardi want to come here? I have a feeling he would wait for the perfect job.

Maybe JJ Hardy? Does he has any aspersions about being a manager ?

I like the Hardy choice also. 

2 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Need a GM first.  Brady actually said he doesn't want that.  But let's be honest.  If Brady and John or Lou are the ones working this out in the off season, it really won't matter who is managing.

6 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Need a GM first.  Brady actually said he doesn't want that.  But let's be honest.  If Brady and John or Lou are the ones working this out in the off season, it really won't matter who is managing.

And for that matter, it will probably won't matter who the GM is, either.

Archived