Jim Palmer just threw Chris Davis under the bus

accinfo

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are the quotes from Coolbaugh really challenging Chris Davis's narrative on this off season in the Sun/Meoli article.

Coolbaugh on Davis saying they worked out three times a week

That had been in years past, not last year. Not this past one.

Coolbaugh on what he said about his work with Davis at FanFest

I think if you look back at my comments at FanFest, I had talked to Chris more about some of the mental stuff we had talked about. Being more aggressive swinging in the zone. He had taken some pitches last year, and being more proactive, being more aggressive. That's about the only thing that I really talked about on the mental side, but physically, on the physical or mechanical side of things, I really didn't see him enough to make any changes or do anything to address that.

36 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Is there a Oriole Hangout prize for the most views of a topic started in a 24 hour period?  LOL.  I need to "win" something from this season!!

Free batting seminar with Coolbaugh. Pick up your voucher in section 19. 

Not cool Davis, you have an obligation to put in more when you're getting paid $160M guaranteed.  And Buck siding with Davis and commenting on this at all is disgusting.  

Coolbaugh on how he would characterize his work with Davis in the offseason

“I saw Chris three times, and I threw to him, and that was it. It wasn't anything that I physically [did] with him, or used the offseason with any one-on-one sessions to change something.”

Yowser. Palmer stands by what he said: http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/05/palmer-follows-up-on-last-nights-davis-criticism.html

From Roch:

Given the chance to broach the topic again today before the Orioles closed their series against the White Sox, Palmer stated, “I stand by what I said.”

“This is not, ‘Hey, he said, she said,’ or Buck Showalter, who was kind of put in the middle in the locker room today because he didn’t know what I said,” Palmer continued. “This team plays a lot better when Chris Davis plays well. He’s not playing up to his capability, he’s not making a lot of adjustments. That’s the point I made. We saw him looking at the third base coach (Bobby Dickerson) when the third strike came over. There’s something going on, he needs to make some changes.

“And I’ll tell you what, Scott Coolbaugh had him in the minor leagues. He said (Davis) was the last guy that would leave the ballpark at night and I think he has to get back. And you know, it just doesn’t happen at this level. It doesn’t matter how much money you’re making, so it’s not about how much money, how long you’re contract is. Are you doing the work to get better? And I think that needs to improve. And I’ll stand by that and I hope he does it and I hope he has success because he’s a better player than he’s showed.”

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Not cool Davis, you have an obligation to put in more when you're getting paid $160M guaranteed.  And Buck siding with Davis and commenting on this at all is disgusting.  

Why is it disgusting? Buck said "you can only rely on a track record for so long", which is telling. saying Davis might not have the rest of the year. Which Davis shouldnt, with the numbers he put up so far.

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Or Buck penciling in Davis fifth in the batting order everyday and expecting Davis to eventually turn it around.

Buck's not insane. He's doing it out of spite. It's pretty clear he has one foot out the door and doesn't care. The more the public / media calls for Davis' head the more Buck will play him (until someone from above tells him not to) . 

32 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Why is it disgusting? Buck said "you can only rely on a track record for so long", which is telling. saying Davis might not have the rest of the year. Which Davis shouldnt, with the numbers he put up so far.

Same for Buck. "You can only count on his track record for so long."

So long, Buck.

Archived