Who is available for LF???

bigbird

Trade Bedard, Mora and $ for Loney, Kemp and Kershaw

Trade DCab and Loney for Tex with an extension a must

Trade Tejada in August for Adenhart and Rodriguez if he heats up and clears waivers, if not keep him until the offseason.

That would be my plan...

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trade Bedard, Mora and $ for Loney, Kemp and Kershaw

Trade DCab and Loney for Tex with an extension a mustTrade Tejada in August for Adenhart and Rodriguez if he heats up and clears waivers, if not keep him until the offseason.

That would be my plan...

This trade makes no sense.

Yeh, but there are levels of cheap. Bedard is inexpensive compared to comparable FA level pitchers, but he isn't inexpensive compared to Loney and Kemp. They will make 1 million or so COMBINED for the next couple years. Bedard will make 4-5 million next year and 7-8 million in 2009. After that, he is an FA and those other guys will still be under club control for years.

I would agree that maybe the Dodgers wouldn't do this because Loney is playing well and they need offense, as Dave pointed out.

That being said, Bedard is worth 2-3 top prospects and another very solid player(if it is only 2 top prospects, not if it is 3)

There is no doubt about that.

No, the question is to whom?

Well, we know there were up to like 10 teams calling abotu Buerhle...I suspect even more would call about Bedard.

Competition will create a larger market.

As of now, the best pitcher on the market is Jennings(unless Buehrle gets back out there).

As many lows as this franchise has had in the past decade, Jay Payton at age 35 as our everyday centerfielder when he has never been more than a decent 4th OF who is overmatched in center would be a new all-time low. Even playing Markakis out of position in CF full time would be highly preferable to that.

So what you're saying is that Bedard is worth two premium prospects and another player, but that's not a price a team with lots of premium prospects, plus a need for another starter should pay.

That begs the question...

Bedard is worth two premium prospects and another player to whom?

I did not say it was or was not a price the Dodgers SHOULD pay. I said that is what he is worth. I said if he is put on the market some team will pay it. But I wonder what you think he is worth???

BTW I am certain that you could lock up Bedard for less than 10 per for the next 4 years making hime realitively cheap, he will be in his prime for that entire period (thus making him young) and to say he is not good is just a complete joke.

As many lows as this franchise has had in the past decade, Jay Payton at age 35 as our everyday centerfielder when he has never been more than a decent 4th OF who is overmatched in center would be a new all-time low. Even playing Markakis out of position in CF full time would be highly preferable to that.

Jay Payton was another typical, horrible signing for this organization. If he is our starting CF next season, I will be extremely worried. If there is any possibility of dealing this guy, it MUST be done.

I would agree that maybe the Dodgers wouldn't do this because Loney is playing well and they need offense, as Dave pointed out.

That being said, Bedard is worth 2-3 top prospects and another very solid player(if it is only 2 top prospects, not if it is 3)

There is no doubt about that.

Show me your evidence.

Show me your evidence.

I don't think there will be any evidence, as I don't think the O's will move him.

I do agree with SG on this one, though. If he is available, there will be multiple teams bidding on his services, and the Orioles would get two top tier prospects, and one other solid prospect for him.

If the O's take the position that Bedard won't be dealt for anything less than Kemp, Loney and a third player, then Bedard won't be dealt.

That's good cause I don't want to deal him at all. He is just getting better and better all the time.

I don't think there will be any evidence, as I don't think the O's will move him.

I do agree with SG on this one, though. If he is available, there will be multiple teams bidding on his services, and the Orioles would get two top tier prospects, and one other solid prospect for him.

Show me another completed trade that backs this up.

Archived