2018 35th Rd Conor Grammes - RHR - Xavier U

4YR SO    --    6' 2 195lbs DOB: 07/13/97

Luke's Take: Grammes is a strong framed, athletic two way player. He was a two-time state champion wrestler in VA (I've actually seen him wrestle while I was watching my little brother at the state tournament) so he's only focused on baseball for a couple years. He's being drafted for his arm. He's been up to 98mph with an electric FB that misses bats. He's very raw as a pitcher, but there is some interesting power reliever potential. I'm not sure if he's far enough along to command the overslot bonus it'll likely take to sign him though. 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Has a 10.38 ERA in his first four starts with a 17-13 K-BB ratio in 17 IPs. 

He’s probably going to be a top 3/4 round pick regardless of the ERA, he’s been up to 99 with a plus slider at times. The slider has progressed significantly since last year. The control is poor due to mechanics that will be cleaned up by a pro team. He’s not a starter and never will be but he’s still learning how to pitch and is a premium relief prospect. 

4 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

He’s probably going to be a top 3/4 round pick regardless of the ERA, he’s been up to 99 with a plus slider at times. The slider has progressed significantly since last year. The control is poor due to mechanics that will be cleaned up by a pro team. He’s not a starter and never will be but he’s still learning how to pitch and is a premium relief prospect. 

Should be an interesting guy to follow. Obviously that arm strength will be drafted, but obviously he'll need to show some control to be drafted that high. 

Archived