What happens to Rasmus tomorrow?

Aglets

Someone said on the radio that if the Orioles bring back Rasmus and play Valencia,Davis,Trumbo and Caleb Joseph that they would have the oldest starting 8 or  9 of any team  in the majors.  Not sure if he was making a point or making it up. I guess he could have went through ever roster. Six of the nine would be 32 or older.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Someone said on the radio that if the Orioles bring back Rasmus and play Valencia,Davis,Trumbo and Caleb Joseph that they would have the oldest starting 8 or  9 of any team  in the majors.  Not sure if he was making a point or making it up. I guess he could have went through ever roster. Six of the nine would be 32 or older.

Beckman is due back Saturday.  He is 28.  It will be interesting to see what happens to Valencia after that.

Peterson is hot.  He is 28.  He is a 387 OBP and a 970 OBP in June.   Do they play him?

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

Asking what is perhaps the most inconsequential question about the O's you'll see all year.......

What will the O's do at the end of his rehab assignment?  Roch says it ends tomorrow.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/06/more-roster-changes-coming-for-orioles.html

Will they simply cut him?   He has some decent numbers hitting in Frederick I guess......but that's not exactly something worth getting excited over.  No reason to play him up here now when we're 20-51 right?

Cut him would be the best thing. But the Angelos, Brady, DD and Buck bunch won't do what seems the best way. 

1 hour ago, Ripken said:

I said "hi" to him at a Keys game from literally three feet away.  He ignored me and the group of kids I was with.  He wasn't playing well either.  I was hoping they'd release him but they could have done that prior to the assignment.  Guess he's going to contribute to the tank.

Ive gone through that before. Some player that thinks he a hot shot in the MLB but really isn't. Just consider the source. 

What should happen is for him to be DFA'd.  What probably will happen is they'll put him back on the roster and waste everyone's time by trying to get something of value out of him.

There is no reason  Rasmus should ever play in Baltimore for the Orioles again.  And yet it would be pretty Buck-like for him to do so anyway.  Pretty sure he looks past Father Time’s record in these situations.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Rasmus will get his 3M no matter what happens to him as far as the roster goes.  Just like Tillman.   I  agree with SteveA.   I think Rasmus is activated.  Rickard and Corban are both vulnerable and have options.   If he hits then the O's would trade him for salary relief.  

He has and will have absolutely no trade value. The fact that he has not been DFA already tells us all we need to know about this organization. 

5 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

He has and will have absolutely no trade value. The fact that he has not been DFA already tells us all we need to know about this organization. 

Yaz has an .843 OPS and DJ Stewart is at .821; give them a chance.  Rasmus you might give a chance on a playoff team.

Beginning tomorrow Colby Rasmus will start down the road to100-120 major league AB's with the Orioles.  Then some part of his inner body will detach, ending his season and Orioles ownership will slap its collective forehead and mutter "what else could possibly go wrong".  Brady Anderson will quietly sit in the corner and recount the number of days before Duquette and Showalter are gone.  He'll then check to see if Peter Angelos is lucid and if he's not, he'll blame the whole mess on not being consulted first.

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

He hit a 2 run home run in Bowies first game of their doubleheader today.

11 minutes ago, TouchemAll said:

Does he even have ONE hit in the re-hab assignment?

Well then welcome back we don't want anybody that might be a game changer we're in the hunt for that 1st pick.

Literally the post above yours.

Archived