Hope

Greg Pappas

Hope is not a "four-letter word," if you get my meaning.  But when it concerns the O's, it sure comes close.  How can we have hope when there is so much uncertainty... so much unsettled? 

This entire franchise is in a state of flux-- from ownership, to management, to the manager in the dugout, to the hitting and pitching coaches, to scouts and player development personnel, and even down to the very players themselves. 
Yet, for any true hope of fielding a quality team and organization any year soon, two key things must be addressed.

1. Ownership needs to take steps to adjust the way they operate, in matters such as trusting their baseball people to make baseball decisions AND showing a totally new attitude towards the International market.
  2. With Duquette's expiring contract not likely to be renewed, we need to hire a new "GM" with a strong vision AND the freedom to thoroughly implement that vision.

There's light at the end of the tunnel, because we can still see both of these things happen.  However, I fear it's more likely that light is a train coming down the tracks, filled with many of the same cast of characters shuffled into new positions.  I 'hope' I'm wrong.

Time will tell... it always does.

37 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

There's light at the end of the tunnel, because we can still see both of these things happen.  However, I fear it's more likely that light is a train coming down the tracks, filled with many of the same cast of characters shuffled into new positions.  I 'hope' I'm wrong.

No Jedi mind trick will get me to believe " A New Hope" is on the near horizon.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Greg Pappas said:

Hope is not a "four-letter word," if you get my meaning.  But when it concerns the O's, it sure comes close.  How can we have hope when there is so much uncertainty... so much unsettled? 

This entire franchise is in a state of flux-- from ownership, to management, to the manager in the dugout, to the hitting and pitching coaches, to scouts and player development personnel, and even down to the very players themselves. 
Yet, for any true hope of fielding a quality team and organization any year soon, two key things must be addressed.

1. Ownership needs to take steps to adjust the way they operate, in matters such as trusting their baseball people to make baseball decisions AND showing a totally new attitude towards the International market.
  2. With Duquette's expiring contract not likely to be renewed, we need to hire a new "GM" with a strong vision AND the freedom to thoroughly implement that vision.

Yes I hope you are wrong too but I'm not betting against it. 

2 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

There's light at the end of the tunnel, because we can still see both of these things happen.

I think it's more likely Michael Jordan wakes up tomorrow with a full head of hair.

This team easily contends as one of the most dysfunctional in major professional sports.

I think has almost become comical on how to loose games.  The players must just be looking around thinking how do we blow this one.   Besides Machado, Valencia, Jones offensively and Bundy everyone else is having their worst season of there career.  Even guys that should be at their peak years like Schoop,  Givens, Mancini.  Someone needs to check Vegas because someone has to be making series money here of how bad these guys are playing.

6 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

I think has almost become comical on how to loose games.  The players must just be looking around thinking how do we blow this one.   Besides Machado, Valencia, Jones offensively and Bundy everyone else is having their worst season of there career.  Even guys that should be at their peak years like Schoop,  Givens, Mancini.  Someone needs to check Vegas because someone has to be making series money here of how bad these guys are playing.

I really haven't ever seen anything like it.

I was at the last home game they won, on Father's Day.

Prior to that their last home win was Mother's Day.

I mean come on.

Archived