Wednesday starter?

amdcpus

4 hours ago, amdcpus said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it to him, one last farewell start in the organization he had such a good career and done so much for. I wouldn't be opposed to it.

The only issue I see is when Tillman doesn't make it out of the first you still need someone to pitch a lot of innings. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, wildcard said:

Right now it looks like Hess on Wed.  but that could change if there is an injury.   Then Ramirez could be recalled.

Buck says Wilkerson's oblique is sore.  There is the convenient injury.  So....

Monday off day

Tuesday Cobb

Wednesday  Ramirez or Yacabonis

Thursday  Cashner

Friday Bundy

Saturday  Gausman

Moves:

Hess optioned,   Sardinas or Rickard  up.   (Sardinas started rehab from 60 day DL today)

Wilkerson DL'd:  Yacabonis or Ramirez up

Then on Friday:   Bundy activated off the DL:  One of Meisinger or Scott down

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Buck says Wilkerson's oblique is sore.  There is the convenient injury.  So....

Monday off day

Tuesday Cobb

Wednesday  Ramirez or Yacabonis

Thursday  Cashner

Friday Bundy

Saturday  Gausman

Moves:

Hess optioned,   Sardinas or Rickard  up.   (Sardinas started rehab from 60 day DL day)

Wilkerson DL'd:  Yacabonis or Ramirez up

Then on Friday:   Bundy activated off the DL:  One of Meisinger or Scott down

You're right, WIlkerson injury allows Yacabonis or Ramirez to come up. Buck explicitly said a couple days ago that they are starting for Norfolk on the 3rd and 4th respectively though. I guess he could go back on that.

I'm not one that normally cares about the reporters asking Buck the "tough" questions, but his answer to this question today was so preposterous it drove me nuts.  A reporter asked him who he would be starting on Wednesday, and Buck said (paraphrasing), "I'll have to sit down with Roger and discuss where we are.  We were really hoping to avoid using Castro today".

REALLY BUCK???  YOU WERE HOPING TO AVOID USING HIM BUT JUST HAD TO BRING HIM IN IN THE 9TH TO LOCK DOWN THAT 8-2 VICTORY????

16 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

Tillman? Ah hell no. I never want to see that man pitch for the O's again. 

I would rather see a Hangout poster without minor league experience pitch.  Who knows, one of them might surprise us with an "eephus" pitch or something similar.

6 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

I'm not one that normally cares about the reporters asking Buck the "tough" questions, but his answer to this question today was so preposterous it drove me nuts.  A reporter asked him who he would be starting on Wednesday, and Buck said (paraphrasing), "I'll have to sit down with Roger and discuss where we are.  We were really hoping to avoid using Castro today".

REALLY BUCK???  YOU WERE HOPING TO AVOID USING HIM BUT JUST HAD TO BRING HIM IN IN THE 9TH TO LOCK DOWN THAT 8-2 VICTORY????

I heard that also. Made no sense. Wonder if he misspoke.  

7 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Wow. Makes no sense whatsoever. Probably going to be Wright IMO.

Archived