Machado to the Dodgers, 5-1 deal

TonySoprano

I know folks are feeling a bit down, but this is great overall.  I figured we'd only get 3 total from the beginning: one top 100 towards the 50-80 range (got him) and two B to C+ prospects.  This isn't bad at all for the market that I envisioned.  Kremer and Bannon are doing very well at levels that are congruent with their ages.  Valera is an interesting throw in as he has been .300 avg in the minors and the dude walks more than he K's.  Could be a scrappy dude to cheer for on the MLB squad going forward that could carve a career out of this opportunity.  Pop seems like just a guy, but our scouts may see something they like.  That is one thing our system has done well, develop relief arms.  Patience.  And I applaud this return.  And be careful if it comes out a desired target was rejected bc of their physical; the dude's career could be over in a year or two with an injury.

4 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Good catch, just noticed that.

Impressive nonethesless. Still getting viewed as a future pen arm but we'll see. If so, looks like he'd be pretty damn solid out of there.

Yeah. I'm glad we got him. 

From MLB.com:

Kremer's best pitch is a fastball that sits at 91-94 mph, touches 96 and plays better than its velocity thanks to some armside run. He backs up his heater with a big-breaking curveball that he can land for strikes or get hitters to chase out of the zone. He has made improvements with his slider and changeup, which has helped fuel his success in 2018.

He's also locating his pitches better this year, enhancing Kremer's chances of remaining a starter. He has demonstrated a consistent ability to miss bats that also could make him useful as a late-inning reliever. He didn't start pitching full-time until he got to junior college and was young for his draft class, so he has more room to develop than the typical pitcher in his third year in pro ball.

and let's keep this ball rolling.  I would love to see a Britton trade reported by the end of the day.  You would think that could be set up already as he wasn't part of the LA trade.  

Then Jones

Then Brach

Then Gausman

Then...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cy Bundy said:

It’s hard to believe one of those guys was holding up the trade. Dodgers fans were pleased with the initial reports, they are thrilled by this. 

They should be.  They are going for a WS and just got one of the best players in baseball

Just now, Cy Bundy said:

It’s hard to believe one of those guys was holding up the trade. Dodgers fans were pleased with the initial reports, they are thrilled by this. 

Yeah, cause they're World Series contenders, still have a better farm system than the O's, just got LeBron, and live in California. I'd be thrilled too.

1 minute ago, ScGO's said:

I know folks are feeling a bit down, but this is great overall.  I figured we'd only get 3 total from the beginning: one top 100 towards the 50-80 range (got him) and two B to C+ prospects.  This isn't bad at all for the market that I envisioned.  Kremer and Bannon are doing very well at levels that are congruent with their ages.  Valera is an interesting throw in as he has been .300 avg in the minors and the dude walks more than he K's.  Could be a scrappy dude to cheer for on the MLB squad going forward that could carve a career out of this opportunity.  Pop seems like just a guy, but our scouts may see something they like.  That is one thing our system has done well, develop relief arms.  Patience.  And I applaud this return.  And be careful if it comes out a desired target was rejected bc of their physical; the dude's career could be over in a year or two with an injury.

Manny did us a huge favor with his first half. I think his OPS is over 200 percentage points higher than this time last year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

and let's keep this ball rolling.  I would love to see a Britton trade reported by the end of the day.  You would think that could be set up already as he wasn't part of the LA trade.  

Then Jones

Then Brach

Then Gausman

Then...

Sorry, 47

Per Baseball America's new top 100 out today, if O's do get Yusniel Diaz from LAD, they will have 3 top 100 prospects with players at No. 47 (Diaz), No. 65 (Austin Hays) and No. 66 (Ryan Mountcastle). Lux, if acquired, is No. 90. DL Hall knocking on the door.
7 hours ago

I'm pretty excited about Rylan Bannon.  First full year in pro ball and he is putting up a .402 OBP and .961 OPS in High A.  He's probably past ready for a promotion.  Will be interesting to see what they do with him and Mountcastle.  Maybe you promote Mountcastle to Triple A. 

Bannon is a plus defender at 3B according to this scouting report:

https://www.truebluela.com/mlb-draft/2017/6/13/15795098/2017-mlb-draft-dodgers-rylan-bannon-8th-round

3 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

The only part that is truly painful is that Manny is officially gone. I absolutely loved watching him play for us. I’m a bit embarrassed to feel sentimental, but he was the most gifted player I have seen put on an Orioles uniform. He was the one guy who all others teams wished they had, an Oriole mentioned repeatedly at The Little League World Series when kids told the country who their favorite player was. We don’t get many of those and it may be a long time before we get another. 

He was a pleasure to watch. He brought life to Camden Yards that had been missing and is now gone. He will be missed by this life long O’s fan.

Agree.  However, I am very interested as to how this whole demanding to play SS plays out for him when he hits the market.  That could test his character a bit.