Orioles to be more active in International Free Agent Market

NCRaven

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I truly don’t think ownership instructed DD to trade away $750k of money.  It would be so inconsistent with everything we’ve been hearing.  I think with DD, he thought the Mesa’s were his for the taking.  Then the Marlins pick up a bunch of cash, DD gets canned and the Marlins do their thing.

im going to try to stay positive here. I’m going to go under the assumption that from this minute, things are going to change for the positive! ?

19 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They "won" the O'Day sweepstakes against the Nationals.

Of course even when they win they lose.

I was counting that. And yes we have to hope this is the bottom. I am honestly encouraged at what Orioles are saying and even though like everyone else I am fighting impatience, I really don’t think we have to hurry. They just need to get it right and then finish cleaning house.

Just now, WarehouseChatter said:

I truly don’t think ownership instructed DD to trade away $750k of money.  It would be so inconsistent with everything we’ve been hearing.  I think with DD, he thought the Mesa’s were his for the taking.  Then the Marlins pick up a bunch of cash, DD gets canned and the Marlins do their thing.

im going to try to stay positive here. I’m going to go under the assumption that from this minute, things are going to change for the positive! ?

I don't think Dan traded away 750K in slot money for literally Jack unless ownership was completely on board with it.

Gausman trade epic fail.

Zoellner acquisition blunder.

Are we seeing more reason why Duquette wasn’t brought back? Perhaps his Adam Jones debacle created something owed to Phillies and ended up screwing the O’s in the end against the Marlins?

Just terrible. They need to get Gaston and get something out of a remarkedly poor return from the trade deadline deals.

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

Gausman trade epic fail.

Are we seeing more reason why Duquette wasn’t brought back? Perhaps his Adam Jones debacle created something owed to Phillies and ended up screwing the O’s in the end against the Marlins?

Just terrible. They need to get Gaston and get something out of a remarkedly poor return from the trade deadline deals.

Word is ownership loved how the Gausman trade lowered payroll.

24 minutes ago, atomic said:

Jack Zoellner turns 24 in 9 days.  He was 23 last season in the Gulf Coast League.  Realize almost no players his age were even eligible to play in that league.  

You don’t know Jack...he is truly a “rare” talent. ?

7 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I would love to revisit this thread in 3 or 4 years to see if any of them turned out to be even a replacement level player.

Most but not all, of the point here was that the Orioles were involved. Of course as such we wanted them to land the players even if they were not great finds. In fairness for the price, replacement level would still be a tremendous bargain. But for the Orioles that was never the point. Leveraging the funds to add talent on top of the modest return for Gausman was and is important. Failing to land them makes that deal much less valuable regardless of cash saved. 

At the end of the day in clearing house these points are almost irrelevant. The new team is starting in the basement and building up. And that must be the focus from here forward. 

12 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I would love to revisit this thread in 3 or 4 years to see if any of them turned out to be even a replacement level player.

In 3 or 4 years Mesa Jr would be either 19 or 20.   Most likely wouldn't be in the Major Leagues by then even if he was a future All-Star.   Maybe you should aim for 10 years. 

5 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Gausman trade epic fail.

You have slayed the dragon DD.  Look forward my friend, at the road ahead.  

Archived