Bundy is Broken

weams

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do other teams pitching coaches immediately know how to fix our pitchers when they are traded to them? I thought McDowell would be replaced before the start of this season. While we are at it please replace our advance scouts ASAP. I've been asking for this for too many years.  Why does a rookie always face us and go 3-4 or 4-4 and knock in a lot of runs against us and when they post their BA they are hitting under .250 usually?  Please replace them! The Yankee rookie 2B Wade? showed up a few weeks ago and I was at the game and he was hitting under .200 and I think got 3 hits against us. Why? Some guy named Nimmo shows up this week hitting around .240 and he gets 5 or 6 hits. Bundy appears to be a beaten guy on the mound and looks lost.  Nothing seems to be working for him. The coaches and manager continue to act like everything is fine. Why can't they see what we see? Has he cleared waivers and maybe they are trying to move him in a deal? If that's true then do something soon before it get's any worse.

Back on the bump tonight - will he offer more changeups?

"Here is Bundy’s take on his pitch mix: “We’ve looked at it and maybe throwing the curveball some more. But the curveball has to be there for you to throw it more. I think the main thing is the changeup. I need to be more consistent with that than in the past.”

Bundy has allowed 10 homers his last five games and 12 in his past seven. He’s allowed two homers or more in nine of his 23 starts. He has given up 30 homers this year to lead the majors.

So we’ll see if he can make progress tonight. It was just a couple of weeks ago that he put together back-to-back quality starts versus Tampa Bay and Texas. But he’s allowed at least five runs in five of his seven starts since July 1."

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2018/08/dylan-bundy-takes-the-mound-tonight-searching-for-answers-and-results.html

At this point they have to stop thinking of him as anything more than rotation filler.  Anything more than that is a bonus.  He's just not going to be consistently better, IMO.  Any thoughts of him being an upper rotation guy are long gone.

1 hour ago, esmd said:

At this point they have to stop thinking of him as anything more than rotation filler.  Anything more than that is a bonus.  He's just not going to be consistently better, IMO.  Any thoughts of him being an upper rotation guy are long gone.

I think so too. 

I think Bundy becomes Tillman, eventually.

He'll start an opening day or three for us, but never really be an ace.

When we're back in the winner's circle, he'll be gone, or clinging to a 4-5 spot in the rotation. 

That said, I'm a big fan. I love his heart. I know he's fought through a lot. I think he's going to be a solid pitcher. But he'll have to really learn how to PITCH. He doesn't have that 99-mph fastball any more, that's for sure. 

1 minute ago, O-The-Memories said:

If he is not hurt than his career will be over in the next few years. I hate how many of our top pitching prospects fail. Bundy and Gausman were supposed to be TOR guys......just like Loewen, Matusz, Riley, etc.

He has to be hurt. Or his arm is just warn down.  Either way, you have to shut him down.  He has shown much better velocity than this earlier in the season, so something is wrong.  Nothing good can come from continuing to send him out there.  

Archived