How many games will the Orioles win the rest of the year?

paulcoates

How many games will the Orioles win the rest of the year?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Orioles win the rest of the year?

• Less than 7 games
    • Between 8 and 12
    • Between 13 and 19
    • More than 20 games

21 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I think that the talent level is just one variable here.  An Orioles team made up of AAA guys trying to earn a job for 2019 might just play better baseball than the Royals.  Remember all the stretch runs in the 1998-2011 era where the established O's players couldn't wait to go play some golf?  And who could blame them?

Maybe there's something to this.  Our position players are actually hitting the ball every once in a while now...

If our scrappy AAAA guys somehow manage to go on a roll by the end of the year, and KC or the White Sox end up with the first overall pick, I wonder if whatever development/knowledge we gained by letting them audition successfully is worth missing out on Witt Jr.

On 8/1/2018 at 5:10 PM, Frobby said:

I voted more than 20 because baseball is perverse.    They won today, so 19 to go.     

Speaking of perverse, the O’s have an .843 OPS since the all star break, 2nd in the AL, and they’re also 2nd in runs scored per game at 5.94.   Where was this when we needed it?

17 more wins to go to top this poll.   

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Speaking of perverse, the O’s have an .843 OPS since the all star break, 2nd in the AL, and they’re also 2nd in runs scored per game at 5.94.   Where was this when we needed it?

17 more wins to go to top this poll.   

This team has been in a lot of 1 run games since 2012, but for as bad as our record is, it's astounding how many we've been in at all.  11-21 after last night's game, almost as many as all of last season where they went 21-20.  I'm sure more than a fair share of the losses have been on account of the starting pitching and pen blowing leads, but when you've been at or near the bottom of the league in runs scored and having a franchise historically bad offense, you're not winning many close games.

Archived