Plus Alert: Matusz and 2008 draft update with exclusive quotes from Joe Jordan

Tony-OH

Here's the latest. Beal threw a bullpen session for the Orioles a few days ago and the Orioles hope to have something done with him shortly. Joe is heading out to see Landers pitch here shortly and although has has not seen Charles, they are still interested in getting something done with him.

Look for things to start to shake out in the next two weeks or so with a lot of these guys.

Tony, I don't know if I've missed it but is there anything new on Matusz, or is this thread the most updated info? Thanks!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the latest. Beal threw a bullpen session for the Orioles a few days ago and the Orioles hope to have something done with him shortly. Joe is heading out to see Landers pitch here shortly and although has has not seen Charles, they are still interested in getting something done with him.

Look for things to start to shake out in the next two weeks or so with a lot of these guys.

Very exciting times, IMO.

If we can land 2 or 3 of Brady, Bundy, Landers, Beal and Charles... I will be very happy.

Tony, I don't know if I've missed it but is there anything new on Matusz, or is this thread the most updated info? Thanks!

Nothing new on Matusz. Joe is very confident it will get done but things need to run it's course. I certainly wish he would sign soon though because it would be really good for him to get a few innings under his belt this year.

As slow as the Orioles are to promote, I'd hate to see him have to start and stay in Frederick for a good part of next year like Arrieta.

Nothing new on Matusz. Joe is very confident it will get done but things need to run it's course. I certainly wish he would sign soon though because it would be really good for him to get a few innings under his belt this year.

As slow as the Orioles are to promote, I'd hate to see him have to start and stay in Frederick for a good part of next year like Arrieta.

Bingo! I'd much rather have him positioned like Olson, who got a few starts at Frederick in 2005 at the end of the year, then split between Frederick and Bowie in 2006. If anything, Matusz should move faster than that.

Archived