Ex-Orioles in the postseason

Moose Milligan

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Always root against the Red Sox and Yankees is my motto.

Yep! Been that way since 2004. I thought the RS finally winning would be therapeutic for that fan base but that combined with their football team makes NE sports fans my least favorite of any region.

“Manny, very quickly, is going to be described as evil now,” Buck Showalter, Machado’s former manager with Baltimore, told The Athletic. “It’s very easy to just go with the flow instead of think for yourself.

As Machado retreated to first base, he appeared to grab at his groin while staring down the home crowd. When Cody Bellinger followed with a two-run blast, Machado leapt into the air and pounded his chest. When Yasiel Puig added a double, Machado and Puig simultaneously chopped at their own crotches, their testicular fortitude showing as a rebuff to a similar act from Milwaukee’s Jesús Aguilar directed at Puig in Game 6.

“That’s Puigy’s thing,” Machado said of the gesture in question.

His free agency has already effectively begun — reached by phone, Showalter said he’s been in contact with several clubs inquiring on Machado the player and, most importantly, the person.

When the Dodgers first traded for Machado in July, Ward and several of the Dodgers coaches called mutual friends on the Orioles staff, who all had the same nickname for the skilled shortstop: Snow Leopard.

“He’s a rare species,” Ward said. “He’s a rare species at the plate, the arm that he has in the field, the instincts that he has and the different things that he can do at the plate. When he’s ready, he really is, and what he brings to this team is another level.