The Orioles biggest problem is....Baltimore

thejeff07

No matter how good the Orioles will ever be, when nestled in downtown Baltimore attendance will never reach its peak. I’m a huge Orioles fan who has lived 15 minutes from Baltimore my whole life, but does anybody else not like the idea of traveling to the murder capital to watch an Orioles game? I know I know the area around Camden yards isn’t West Baltimore but it’s still not a great place to take your family.

This might be more of a rant post, but just wanted to throw that out here. Side note, anyone wish we could just move Camden Yards to Annapolis :) hahah

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, thejeff07 said:

No matter how good the Orioles will ever be, when nestled in downtown Baltimore attendance will never reach its peak. I’m a huge Orioles fan who has lived 15 minutes from Baltimore my whole life, but does anybody else not like the idea of traveling to the murder capital to watch an Orioles game? I know I know the area around Camden yards isn’t West Baltimore but it’s still not a great place to take your family.

This might be more of a rant post, but just wanted to throw that out here. Side note, anyone wish we could just move Camden Yards to Annapolis :) hahah

Rays won 90 games playing in the Trop.

16 minutes ago, thejeff07 said:

I'm sorry you feel comfortable posting here. I love going to OPACY. Perhaps you have a personal problem.

9 minutes ago, thejeff07 said:

Every city has violence. That just a part of life these days. How far is Bowie from Baltimore? Maybe take your family to a minor league game. Just a thought.

20 minutes ago, thejeff07 said:

Don't know if its because I worked in those huge trouble spots in Baltimore, but Camden Yards has been nothing but fun. I'll gladly pay to park there instead of anywhere else.

Of course, your mileage and personal feelings may vary.

@Tx Oriole Bowie is probably a half hour to 45 minutes, depending when you go. I live right between both.

2 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Don't know if its because I worked in those huge trouble spots in Baltimore, but Camden Yards has been nothing but fun. I'll gladly pay to park there instead of anywhere else.

Of course, your mileage and personal feelings may vary.

@Tx Oriole Bowie is probably a half hour to 45 minutes, depending when you go. I live right between both.

Oh I see. 

28 minutes ago, thejeff07 said:

I remember when I was growing up it was easier to take to boat to Annapolis and park at the dock than it was to find parking for the truck.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I remember when I was growing up it was easier to take to boat to Annapolis and park at the dock than it was to find parking for the truck.

Agreed.  Have you ever been to a Navy game at Marine Corp Stadium.  Traffic is a nightmare

Baltimore didn't cause the Orioles to lose 116 games.  I would go to more games if stadium was in Towson.  The city is poorly run.  Judges keep putting criminals back on the street.  I live in the city and daughters school is in city but both are on northern edge. 

1 minute ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I guess the violent criminals take the night off when the O’s are in the playoffs or opening day.

OPACY used to be packed. The reason it’s not selling like it used to is because of the O’s not winning. 

Attendance is down since the riots.  To think it doesn't have affect on attendance is naive.

6 minutes ago, atomic said:

Attendance is down since the riots.  To think it doesn't have affect on attendance is naive.

Yup, this is where I was getting at. And didn’t mean for anyone to get riled up from this post, just felt like ranting hahaha

9 minutes ago, atomic said:

It has had an effect.   Because there are SOME people out there that feel like the original poster.   I know people who are afraid to go in the city.   Those people do exist.   I don't think they are anywhere near the majority, but they do exist.   So it's A factor.   I personally think that it is dwarfed as a factor by Losing.   But it IS a factor.

Archived