The Orioles biggest problem is....Baltimore

thejeff07

9 hours ago, jtschrei said:

Attendance is down because we stink and the Orioles FO does a piss poor job of marketing and promotion. 

I've only lived here for 5 years but I thought the Os did an AMAZING job of marketing this year.

1) Kids go free. For the life of me, I don't know how this didn't make us the darlings of the national media.

2) They also added in things like Star Wars night, bring your dog to the park, etc.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Rojo13 said:

I've only lived here for 5 years but I thought the Os did an AMAZING job of marketing this year.

1) Kids go free. For the life of me, I don't know how this didn't make us the darlings of the national media.

2) They also added in things like Star Wars night, bring your dog to the park, etc.

I first noticed last year (2017) that they had added an interesting new variety of giveaways that they hadn't had before (welcome mats, bottle stoppers, etc).   They upped their giveaway game.

They continued that this year, and then they added all the theme nights.   And those theme nights are great for the team because they actually charge extra and we gladly pay it if we are in the special interest group they are targeting.   They had 9 or 10 University Nights.   I gladly forked over $45 for a ticket that normally cost less to sit in a VT section and get an Oriole hat in VT colors, and thousands of folks from other colleges did the same.   Star Wars, Game of Thrones, WWE, Americans with DIsabilities, Bring your Dog to the Park, LGBT, Association for the Blind, the college nights... they all target groups of people with something in common, get them to come out to the park and enjoy themselves.    Oh, the Oktoberfest Night the last weekend too... if I hadn't been out of town I would have gone to that.   All you can eat German food and beer in the picnic area before the game, that really cool stein.   

And the kids go free was a great idea too.

Heck, even the material the t-shirts were made out of was higher quality last year.   Super comfortable fabric.

They'll have to keep it up, because the product on the field won't be so good for the next few years.  

2 hours ago, Catch 8 said:

Riding in or driving a car is still the most dangerous thing 99.99% of us do.  

Far more dangerous than almost everything. People still overeat, smoke,  and lack exercise. All more dangerous moves than visiting Baltimore. 

• weams locked this topic

Archived