Duquette is expected to be fired

Thato'sfan

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LC_O's_87 said:

I  think he could do some things on the player development side.  He seems to have some ability with that but based on the reports/reading between the lines, it just seems like the guy would be totally out of his depth if he was tasked with a role like Player Development Director.  That is simply to big an organizational job for him. 

Again, based on the reporting, He likes working with guys in small groups but he also likes not having to report to anyone and doing what he wants when he wants.

It just seems like there's no way to integrate him into a properly functioning organization.

He has zero qualifications to lead an organization, zero.  

Just now, eddie83 said:

He has zero qualifications to lead an organization, zero.  

I totally agree.   Others have reported that he doesn't want that job either b/c it's too much work.  That's kind of the catch-22. 

He's good at working with players in small groups, but instead of being like a Roving Instructor he wants to also negotiate contracts, assist players at the MLB level, and do about 10 other things when he's in the mood.

The new GM/Prez could give him a plum position in the player development side of the organization to placate him, and if it were me, I'd insist that in my contract Brady Anderson's role is specifically defined.

20 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I'd prefer an experienced GM who has been part of a winning organization.   Not someone who has never negotiated a trade with another major league team, never been a part of a major league front office, never worked in a scouting department or player development department, and who has had little connection to major league baseball for 17 years.

I think it's a horrible idea.

I'm afraid that we will get neither an experienced GM, nor manager.

49 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

If it’s Brady we are screwed.  

Per Roch

The Orioles could hire a president of baseball operations, as well as someone to inherit Duquette’s title. They also could choose to increase the role of vice president of baseball operations Brady Anderson, perhaps changing his title.

2 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

It has been oddly quiet in terms of official announcements from the top. I know that is how the O's roll. Just seems like we had ample time to think about this and to compose a grand announcement about how the future is going to be wonderful.

You mean a good old fashioned news conference to explain to the paying customer what the hell is going on with their beloved franchise?

You ask too much my friend.

3 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

It has been oddly quiet in terms of official announcements from the top. I know that is how the O's roll. Just seems like we had ample time to think about this and to compose a grand announcement about how the future is going to be wonderful.

There needs to be a state of the Orioles press conference from the Angelos brothers.  Orioles need to stop being so secretive, it’s not the NSA.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

Per Roch

The Orioles could hire a president of baseball operations, as well as someone to inherit Duquette’s title. They also could choose to increase the role of vice president of baseball operations Brady Anderson, perhaps changing his title.

ALERT...it's happening.

Archived