Projected 2019 Arbitration Salaries

theocean

MLBTradeRumors.com just posted their projected arbitration salaries for 2019. Here's what they have the Orioles:

Jonathan Villar: $4.4MM

Tim Beckham: $4.3MM

Dylan Bundy: $3.0MM

Mychal Givens: $2.0MM

Caleb Joseph: $1.7MM

Jace Peterson: $1.3MM

You can see the entire list here.

32 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

So, Beckham, Joseph, and Peterson combine for $7.3 million in savings if they are non-tendered.  None of those would surprise me.  

Beckhan and Peterson I can see non tendered.   Joseph is pretty cheap at 1.7m as a backup with options.   I wonder if the O's believe that is all he would get through arbitration.

4 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

They predict Schoop will get $10.1MM, which gives the Brewers a lot of reasons to non-tender him. Once he becomes a free agent, the O's should offer him an incentive-laden deal with a low base.

You think the O's would spend on Schoop even with an incentive laden deal?

8 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

They predict Schoop will get $10.1MM, which gives the Brewers a lot of reasons to non-tender him. Once he becomes a free agent, the O's should offer him an incentive-laden deal with a low base.

Like 4M?  Something like that?

Sure, go ahead, I don't think that will get it done tho.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Like 4M?  Something like that?

Sure, go ahead, I don't think that will get it done tho.

He may be so traumatized by his Brewers experience that returning to Camden Yards would feel like going home. I'm sure it would depend on what other offers he gets. He might insist on a no-trade clause for next year.

7 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

He may be so traumatized by his Brewers experience that returning to Camden Yards would feel like going home. I'm sure it would depend on what other offers he gets. He might insist on a no-trade clause for next year.

He ain't insisting on nothing. 

8 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Yea, he's currently being traumatized by still having to play baseball.  He knows if he was with the O's he'd be golfing by now.

Archived