Luke’s 2018 Rule 5 Draft Preference List

Luke-OH

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

No. They had to make a list of players to protect in the Minor League phase. I think Meoli said they protected 40 or so players. These guys weren't on the list.

I mean if they moved from someone up from Single A to Double A at the end of the season the drafting team would have had to play them at Triple A.  Maybe they would pass as the player wouldn't be ready for that level. 

5 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

#16 on Luke's list:

Drew Jackson    – Dodgers – Utility IF

Jackson has some impressive tools for a Rule 5 eligible player. He has a cannon for an arm and plus speed. He can handle 3B/SS/2B and has even spent some time in CF. Jackson has dealt with a significant swing overhaul and a handful of nagging injuries which have slowed his progress. I’m not sure he’ll be able to make enough contact against MLB pitching, but there is some upside here if he does.

1 minute ago, stef said:

Teams can protect additional players for each phase or is anyone in the minors up for grabs if they are Rule 5 eligible (and not on the ML 40-man roster)?

In the roll call before round 2 they said Baltimore had protected 32 players on the AAA roster.

Archived