Orioles hire Mike Elias as Executive Vice President and GM

ISU94

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Hopefully Elias will lift the veil of secrecy behind the Orioles baseball operations. Notice how the Houston media is all over this while all the local media can do is retweet and repeat what the national and local Houston guys are saying.

Orioles operations be like:

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Palmoripken said:

Yeah that was my thought.too. You see this in the NFL a lot. If there are personality issues in Houston, I hope Elias and Sig aren't the root at them since we have them now but I'm thinking the same as yourself and that this is just part of what happens with franchises that get successful. 

Old school Nolan Ryan doesn't like this new-fangled stuff?

59 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Hopefully Elias will lift the veil of secrecy behind the Orioles baseball operations. Notice how the Houston media is all over this while all the local media can do is retweet and repeat what the national and local Houston guys are saying.

I’m OK with this being close to the vest.    But I hope that at the opening presser both the Angelos boys and Elias really lay out how the relationships will work and what the overall plan is, besides just the usual platitudes.   And then I hope on an ongoing basis that Elias is fairly accessible and communicates the things the O’s are doing to implement their plan.  

Archived