Anyone Following Manny? (Signs with San Diego)

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

And you don’t chase bad money with good money. Using that principle I would release Davis.

Except that there is no good money left to be spent. If there is any way to save any of it I agree. Otherwise, I'd let him be Ryan Howard for four years. Or until the club is competitive.  I would give him no playing time. 

43 minutes ago, atomic said:

No the market is illogical. It has nothing to do with coins. It is reading financial statements.  Seeing when people overreact.  Read as much as you can and don't believe what others are advising. 

Starbucks stock went way down because their growth slowed in quarterly report.  They are selling coffee for $4 a cup.  Costs them next to nothing to make the coffee.  Return investment is better than anyones.  I see people lined up to get their coffee. Coffee is addicting.  Bought 24k. Made 6k in 3 months and sold out.    Their stock was being sold at a price of a company that is doing poorly.    There are always these temporary overreactions.  People think short-term.  

By this thinking it would make sense to sign Manny now.He;s a long term winner who's current market is lower than one would expect.

• weams changed the title to Anyone Following Manny? (Signs with San Diego)
1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Bingo.

Nats are better keeping Turner, Soto, Robles, Rendon than keeping Harper and maybe one of those players.

I don't necessarily believe that it has to be an either or situation.  If it has to be, then yes, I'd take the former.  Though I do think they will be better off trading Turner for young pitching in the next year or two.

8 minutes ago, weams said:

Except that there is no good money left to be spent. If there is any way to save any of it I agree. Otherwise, I'd let him be Ryan Howard for four years. Or until the club is competitive.  I would give him no playing time. 

I guess the good money could be the time, effort put into an along with the players he’s blocking.

21 minutes ago, weams said:

It's better to bet on the market. 

Put 1000 monkeys in a room.  Target on a wall.  Each monkey has a handful of poo.  When they start throwing one of the monkeys will eventually hit the target.

The guys who "beat" the market grab the monkey who hit the target and tell everyone who'll listen that they trained the world's most accurate monkey.  That'll sell a lot of books and tickets to lectures on how to pick monkeys.

4 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Put 1000 monkeys in a room.  Target on a wall.  Each monkey has a handful of poo.  When they start throwing one of the monkeys will eventually hit the target.

The guys who "beat" the market grab the monkey who hit the target and tell everyone who'll listen that they trained the world's most accurate monkey.  That'll sell a lot of books and tickets to lectures on how to pick monkeys.

Meanwhile the monkey has to settle for a successful career as a celebrity wealth manager in Hollywood.

5 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Everyone else's argument isn't logical, but you are the one person who gets it ........ OK.

o

I once had a poster who argued that I (and the rest of the sports world) was wrong when stating that the Orioles were 4 and-a-half games out of 1st place when they were 4 behind in the loss column, and 5 behind in the win column.

He stated that the Orioles were indeed 5 games behind and NOT 4 and-a-half, because they didn't have that extra game to lose ........ and that subsequently, the entire sports world (sportscasters, sportswriters, fans, players, managers, coaches, etc) was wrong, and that he was right.

If nothing else, the Orioles Hangout can be a very entertaining place to visit.

o

Archived