Who are the starting pitcher candidates for the last two rotation spots?

Diehard_O's_Fan

47 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Since the Orioles are rebuilding, I hope Mike doesn't bring in another veteran pitcher. We allready have two vets in Cobb and Cashner. I don't see the need for any more. Give the young guys an opportunity to succeed.

I agree with you 100%. Give the young guys a chance. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, wildcard said:

The 4th slot is David Hess' to lose going into ST based on his good second half.   

The fifth spot is a competition between Ramirez, Means and Rogers IMO.

Yacabonis is better as a middle to long reliever.

I agree with this if the Orioles go onto spring training with the current 40-man roster.

Do we even know if they are going to go with a traditional rotation?

Might they try something like Tampa did last year?   Maybe a 3 man rotation of the veterans, and then the other two games go with an opener, a longman, a committee or relievers, etc?

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Do we even know if they are going to go with a traditional rotation?

Might they try something like Tampa did last year?   Maybe a 3 man rotation of the veterans, and then the other two games go with an opener, a longman, a committee or relievers, etc?

I truly hope we never see an opener. We are a poor team, so better to develop young starters and prepare for life when we trade Bundy, Cashner and Cobb. Some of their short starts will seem like they were openers, though. 

28 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

If this is going to be the rotation, we are going to be noncompetitive, imho. 

Wait a minute.  The O's are likely to have rookies is CF, LF, SS, a first year guy at 3B. A guy the was historically bad last year at 1B and who knows what at catcher and you think the  rotation is going to make the O's non competitive?

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Wait a minute.  The O's are likely to have rookies is CF, LF, SS, a first year guy at 3B. A guy the was historically bad last year at 1B and who knows what at catcher and you think the  rotation is going to make the O's non competitive?

You forgot catcher.

4 minutes ago, Orioles1954 said:

Give or sign AAAA guys the opportunity. The next 2 years is all about protecting legit assets with untouched service time.

You aren't going to build a winner hiding guys in the minors for two years.  Don't promote them until they are ready but when they are ready promote them.

I'm not a Hess fan but he's got the #4 spot.  I am hoping someone really steps up in ST to earn the 5th spot and we're not stuck with choosing amongst 3 or 4 underwhelming candidates.  Which will probably be the case.

9 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

You aren't going to build a winner hiding guys in the minors for two years.  Don't promote them until they are ready but when they are ready promote them.

Deep thoughts by CoC everybody! ?

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not a Hess fan but he's got the #4 spot.  I am hoping someone really steps up in ST to earn the 5th spot and we're not stuck with choosing amongst 3 or 4 underwhelming candidates.  Which will probably be the case.

Deep thoughts by CoC everybody! ?

The idea of manipulating service times on guys that don't project to be "special players" is just silly.  Is it really going to impact the franchise if Diaz is under control until 2026 instead of 2025?

Archived