Tropicana Field goes cashless

Going Underground

6 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Sorry, I did not see your post in MLB section till just now. I just posted it here to see if people would want it to happen at Camden Yards. The mods can move it to MLB if they want. 

I'm not upset.  I just think it's funny how much more traffic Orioles Talk gets over MLB. 

It's not like I'm getting paid for page views.

I browse by all activity so I see everything, I guess a lot of folks don't.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Im already using phone apps to pay for checks at places, like outback, texas roadhouse, you just put the tip on the card, or leave cash on the table.

Olive Garden has those little tablets at the tablesidde, that I like to use, it keeps my card in my own hand. Not that Ive ever had a problem.

Yeah, the standard in Europe is for the server to bring the machine to the table to swipe your card. Here your card is taken away and then returned. Their system is obviously more secure.

27 minutes ago, MikeAD said:

Gonna be super awkward when you try to pass your Rays Card down twelve empty seats to the beer guy. 

If it's just you and the beer guy in the section maybe he'll just sit right next to you and keep 'em coming.

In 2019 an O's fan making fun of Rays' attendance is like Spud Webb taunting Muggsy Bogues about his height.

32 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

If it's just you and the beer guy in the section maybe he'll just sit right next to you and keep 'em coming.

In 2019 an O's fan making fun of Rays' attendance is like Spud Webb taunting Muggsy Bogues about his height.

Come on we suck but a sunny day wasted in an empty OPACY beats a September game at the Trop (kidding). Product on the field a whole different story 

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

Going cashless ???

Going topless would probably be the quickest way to draw more fans.

o

Off topic, but did you hear that at yesterday’s Super Bowl you could get a hot dog and soda for under $5?    Daniel Snyder take note!

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Off topic, but did you hear that at yesterday’s Super Bowl you could get a hot dog and soda for under $5?    Daniel Snyder take note!

https://nypost.com/2019/02/03/concessions-at-super-bowl-53-are-ridiculously-cheap/

Good for them for not gouging.

As an Orioles season ticket holder a new benefit this year is 20 percent off concessions. I fully expect the price of concessions to increase by a solid 10-15 percent to account for this. Who knows. Maybe the Orioles will lower concession prices in their bid to be fan friendly.

28 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

https://nypost.com/2019/02/03/concessions-at-super-bowl-53-are-ridiculously-cheap/

As an Orioles season ticket holder a new benefit this year is 20 percent off concessions. I fully expect the price of concessions to increase by a solid 10-15 percent to account for this. Who knows. Maybe the Orioles will lower concession prices in their bid to be fan friendly.

15 percent for 13 game plans.

37 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Their concessions prices are pretty reasonable compared to any of the DC area teams’.   Plus their liberal policy on outside food and drinks is pretty rare.   

Archived