Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

1 hour ago, UMDTerrapins said:

To share my theory about CD would be to slander based on suspicion, which would be unfair. But it’s pretty common in life that the simplest theory is the correct one. 

What i I will say is that given my theory about how we got to this place with CD, there is no reason to expect that any amount of time will allow for a productive return on the remainder of his contract, nor will we have the opportunity to reduce the financial loss we’re committed to. 

Davis was a blast to watch for a short time. What we’re watching now is just sad. Move on. 

I don't know precisely where you're going with this, but if my hunch is correct, it's patently unfair.

What's happened with Chris Davis is truly astounding to behold. He's essentially forgotten how to hit a baseball. He's the position player version of Rick Ankiel. And no, I don't mean the Ankiel that came back and played outfield. I mean he's completely lost ala Ankiel the pitcher.

1 minute ago, FlipTheBird said:

I don't know precisely where you're going with this, but if my hunch is correct, it's patently unfair.

What's happened with Chris Davis is truly astounding to behold. He's essentially forgotten how to hit a baseball. He's the position player version of Rick Ankiel. And no, I don't mean the Ankiel that came back and played outfield. I mean he's completely lost ala Ankiel the pitcher.

One difference, Ankiel went back to the minors.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

One difference, Ankiel went back to the minors.

Ankiel wasn't given an option because the Cardinals didn't need to give him one at that stage in his career. Davis is a different scenario.

And ultimately, I can't get mad at Chris Davis for not wanting to go be a sideshow in the minor leagues, riding the bus, when the Orioles really should have just released him already and moved on.

• Upvote 2

Just now, FlipTheBird said:

Ankiel wasn't given an option because the Cardinals didn't need to give him one at that stage in his career. Davis is a different scenario.

And ultimately, I can't get mad at Chris Davis for not wanting to go be a sideshow in the minor leagues, riding the bus, when the Orioles really should have just released him already and moved on.

But Ankiel did go down and was willing to change.

I'm not mad at Chris for anything.  Most I get is slightly annoyed when he does things like whine about the shift.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Other than Sisco?

No.

I meant his return to the minors. Ankiel might be instructive if he wasn’t a pitcher before he went back. 

Hey! Maybe Davis can go from a position player to pitching. I’m sure that’s a future Davis thread.

2 hours ago, FlipTheBird said:

A man who was caught using Performance Improving Drugs twice is certainly not someone that would not have a suspicious pall cast over him. The only way that he does not get all of his money is if he uses again, like A-Rod did. 

• Upvote 1

With Drew Jackson gone we are down to a 3 man bench.  Alberto, whatever catcher isn't starting, and one other guy.  That means vs lefties it is basically no longer possible to sit both Davis and Mullins , at least not without starting Alberto.

• Upvote 1