Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

27 minutes ago, SteveA said:

ESPN and MLBN are both airing games this evening.

If Chris gets out in his first at bat, I fully expect there will be live cut-ins on both networks to Camden Yards when he bats the second time.

As of today, this has gone to another level.   It is a national story, the likes of which we haven't had in Baltimore since 0-21.

This and maybe many nights after will definitely be a night for the ages. I admit im hoping he breaks it and keeps going. 

Just now, jabba72 said:

This and maybe many nights after will definitely be a night for the ages. I admit im hoping he breaks it and keeps going. 

I'm hoping he goes about 25 more, makes it unbreakable.

Not because I wish him ill, I just think it will get him gone faster.

5 minutes ago, nate22 said:

Daniel Cabrera had to go to Japan to get a hit.

One hit in 118 plate appearances.

I know it's very easy to be mad, but at this point it's also heartbreaking.  C'mon Soprano, he's making $23M.  Yeah, but you can not tell me he's content being the poster boy of absolute historic suckitude for over a year.   The magnifying glass is on him, nationwide.   How much would you pay for peace of mind?  I'm betting he doesn't have it, for certain, not at the ballpark.   It's easy to say, he's set for life, quit and leave about $90M on the table.  This is not how anyone would want to call it a career at 33.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

I know this article is from last year but somehow I just found it. I definitely have a different perspective on things now. He's struggling not only in terms of baseball but in life. He sounds like he's nearly broken. Like Tony said, I know a lot of you are saying "but he makes millions". And I was one of them. But after reading that article, I'm hoping he somehow turns things around. Go Chris.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/09/24/chris-davis-baltimore-orioles

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

I know this article is from last year but somehow I just found it. I definitely have a different perspective on things now. He's struggling not only in terms of baseball but in life. He sounds like he's nearly broken. Like Tony said, I know a lot of you are saying "but he makes millions". And I was one of them. But after reading that article, I'm hoping he somehow turns things around. Go Chris.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/09/24/chris-davis-baltimore-orioles

I do feel for Davis, but he's not in prison or being held hostage. He can retire at anytime. He can stop this if he really wants it to stop.

• Upvote 1