Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Why not use your money on charity for underprivileged kids?.....(westcoastsports.org) Trust me, kids need funds more than an overpaid ballplayer...

Roy, I have already placed a bid on something you posted.

Even car salesmen stop once the credit check comes back.

Though maybe you can talk to Davis. He has more money than I have made my whole life and I'm sure that the kids need funds more than an overpaid ballplayer...

• Upvote 1

This is nice to talk about on an online forum and chat with fellow fans at the water cooler or whatever but no way in will Chris Davis walk away. We are stuck watching him and he will be  synonymous with the dark years ahead until hopefully by the time he is gone we will see a new era of Orioles baseball. Maybe the last season the O's will eat the contract but that's probably best case scenario.

49 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

Right, couple the data suggesting three true outcomes types physically decline early with actual data that suggests Davis has declined physically (See: range based defensive metrics, sprint speed) and you don't have to squint very hard to think it may actually be physical.

Would it help him to put down the tree trunk and start using one of Jack Clark's old bats? That guy generated a ton of power swinging a toothpick.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Happened to Murray.

And Murray was still good at the time.

Eddie was a great Oriole and adored by fans.  But he got to be a sour puss, or at least came across that way.  At one time he would be out in the parking lot after games signing autographs for all the fans.  Likable guy, super star and fan favorite.   But that changed and when he was perceived as having a poor attitude its a real turnoff to the fans.

• 3 weeks later...

o

(May 26th)

In his last 3 games combined, Davis has reached safely 6 times in 12 Plate appearances.

And as Steve-A has pointed out several times, he is going the other way with the ball.

o

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

What are they going to do? The owe him more than 130 million dollars.What would YOU do?

I'd make him as uncomfortable as possible so he's more open to a buyout. Some ideas...

1) GIve him the the bunt sign every other pitch. 

2) "Accidentally" stich DAVI$ on his home jersey.

3) Make him dress / perform as the Oriole Bird on his off days. 

4) Have someone in the stands post Ks every time he strikes out.

5) Ban modern day country music from the clubhouse. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I'd make him as uncomfortable as possible so he's more open to a buyout. Some ideas...

1) GIve him the the bunt sign every other pitch. 

2) "Accidentally" stich DAVI$ on his home jersey.

3) Make him dress / perform as the Oriole Bird on his off days. 

5) Ban modern day country music from the clubhouse. 

Why not use the scoreboard?  Have fireworks go off.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

That’s evil genius. I could almost see a Nats fan doing that if we play them in DC this year. Haven’t seen the schedule. 

22 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(May 26th)

In his last 3 games combined, Davis has reached safely 6 times in 12 Plate appearances.

And as Steve-A has pointed out several times, he is going the other way with the ball.

o

A most welcome development. Especially going to opposite field. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

A most welcome development. Especially going to opposite field. 

He is 1 for 21 in his last seven games for a .048 batting average.  He does have three walks, so I guess we're supposed to be thrilled with that?  He is now batting .159.