Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

1 minute ago, Babypowder said:

At this point, if the owner won’t let me cut him and the team isn’t contending, I keep running him out there everyday hoping that one of Davis or the owner loses this weird game of chicken.

Three headed chicken?

Freaky.

Serious question.

You folks know I don't watch the local media.

Has anyone straight out asked Buck how long this can go on with Davis performing this way?  Really pressured him (or Dan for that matter) on the subject?

If not, how can they not?  It's a third of the way though the season, it's becoming a national story.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Serious question.

Has anyone straight out asked Buck how long this can go on with Davis performing this way?  Really pressured him (or Dan for that matter) on the subject?

If not, how can they not?  It's a third of the way though the season, it's becoming a national story.

You know how Orioles' pitchers often "nibble" with their pitches? That's pretty much how the Baltimore media is when it comes to questioning Showalter. Even if they did challenge him, Buck's answer would likely be dismissive.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Serious question.

I've only heard the topic brought up by radio hosts on 105.7.  I can't recall someone outright asking Buck about if the Orioles are going to do anything about Davis.

1 minute ago, JourneyFan said:

You know how Orioles' pitchers often "nibble" with their pitches? That's pretty much how the Baltimore media is when it comes to questioning Showalter. Even if they did challenge him, Buck's answer would likely be dismissive.

Does anyone up there actually have to do their job?

I don't expect anything from MASN but at some point a national media writer is going to do a longform piece on this.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't expect anything from MASN but at some point a national media writer is going to do a longform piece on this.

Problem is for local Baltimore media you get too rough on the Orioles and they will limit your access to the team.  Or threaten to pull your press pass.  Plus Buck is dismissive of the media when he is asked anything less than a softball question.  

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Problem is for local Baltimore media you get too rough on the Orioles and they will limit your access to the team.  Or threaten to pull your press pass.  Plus Buck is dismissive of the media when he is asked anything less than a softball question.  

At some they are going to get scooped.   It is just unfathomable that someone isn't digging into this dynamic.

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sun asked him on the 29th of May about Davis batting fourth and if it sends a bad message to the other player's.Buck was dismissive and said other players are struggling. And the infamous if not Davis fourth then who?

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

At some they are going to get scooped.   It is just unfathomable that someone isn't digging into this dynamic.

I suspect The Athletic or another outlet is going to do a long form article on the Orioles awkward relationship with Davis.  Perhaps Duquette will leak info again to Nick Cafardo at the Boston Globe.