Manny signs with Padres

weams

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, baltfan said:

Manny seems to have forgotten how the fans and the team stood by him when he screwed up with Donaldson and backed him on the Pedroia slide.  

Manny forgets most that includes others. Manny Machado is strictly about Manny Machado. He somehow managed to make himself like a victim for his time in Baltimore. 

2 hours ago, Curse of the Bamdino said:

I’ve no issue with his comments. As he said, it is what it is. For all of his panache and occasional impudence, he definitely seems like the type who needs to play with a chip on his shoulder. So be it. I’m ready to move on.

Myissue is that he didn't acknowledge that the fans treated him with love.  Because we did.  The front office didn't show him the love (read:money) he desired and that's pure fact, so I don't have any issue there either.  But to not say anything about the fans and the community, other than what he did for said community, leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, tbh.  And that's a shame. I'll always be a fan because he has my heart now, but it's clearly a one-sided relationship. 

Archived