Orioles trade international money to Rangers

Diehard_O's_Fan

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I have been saying all along that I don't think ownership has authorized the full allotment to be spent on International players.

I’m not sure if I agree, but if our FO likes this dude, we have SOOOOO much international money...the Gausman trade keeps on giving?

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Lots of folks don't agree with my theory.

We will have a better idea by the summer.

Any reasoning for your theory or just a feeeling you’re going with? I have wondered myself why they haven’t landed any of the top tier guys recently posted with the amount of money they have to spend. 

1 minute ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

Any reasoning for your theory or just a feeeling you’re going with? I have wondered myself why they haven’t landed any of the top tier guys recently posted with the amount of money they have to spend. 

Zoellner trade, not signing the Cubans, Elias trading slot money twice already.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I have been saying all along that I don't think ownership has authorized the full allotment to be spent on International players.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Lots of folks don't agree with my theory.

We will have a better idea by the summer.

I wonder if this will help with closing the Sanchez deal... hear me out...

If he's the only significant guy remaining on the market, perhaps his agent has told the O's that they want their whole allotment.  By dealing some of it away, perhaps they use it as a forcing function for a number that tops what other teams can do, but is more in line with what they're willing to give him?

Alternatively, maybe I'm grasping at straws.

Just now, BohKnowsBmore said:

I wonder if this will help with closing the Sanchez deal... hear me out...

If he's the only significant guy remaining on the market, perhaps his agent has told the O's that they want their whole allotment.  By dealing some of it away, perhaps they use it as a forcing function for a number that tops what other teams can do, but is more in line with what they're willing to give him?

Alternatively, maybe I'm grasping at straws.

If he wants ALL of the O's remaining pool the O's need to tell him to go pound sand.

Even I wouldn't be on board with that type of expenditure.

Archived