Orioles trade international money to Rangers

Diehard_O's_Fan

6 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Do you see one as a better fit for "long relief" vs. "3 batter minimum?" Or are they about the same in that regard?

Lebron has starter traits but at his age it’d make sense to move him quickly as a reliever even if he has a changeup he didn’t show me.

Moore looks like a reliever long term from a command perspective, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they stretched him out because he’s young and still developing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/25/2019 at 10:42 AM, Luke-OH said:

MiLB TV is back from it’s annual update hiatus, so I was able to get a brief look at David Lebron. 

Not a big guy, short for a pitcher and athletically built, but not thick. Moves well, arm action works, hides the ball a little bit. Less rotational than most shorter pitchers, gets down the mound well for his size. He was working low 90s in the outing I saw, missed more bats than you’d expect, had some hop to it up in the zone and a little armside when located on that side of the plate. Didn’t see a Changeup, the other pitch was a hard breaking curveball. It’s a pretty good pitch, but he was wasting it too much. Both pitches seem (no data, just my speculation based on movement qualities) like they have high spin. 

He has the look of a prospect, not an org type, I would throw a 40 on him stats unseen if he was a normal age for a guy at his level, but being 25+, if he makes the majors, he’ll be nearing his decline phase already, so the clock is ticking. I don’t think he starts, the velocity needs to tick up from my look to play at higher levels. He seems like the type who’ll miss a bunch of bats but get hit hard when guys do make contact. With those considerations, I’d put a 35 on him with a chance for more if the velocity shows better or the pitchability holds up to a speedy move through the system.

Lebron made his Keys debut today, pitched 3 innings, 0H, 0R, 2BB, 7K. 

I wonder if some of the teams that traded for our international cap space were doing so because they thought there might be some players available from Cuba as part of the new agreement MLB had reached with the Cuban Baseball Federation?

An agreement that the Trump Administration cancelled today because it considers the Cuban Baseball Federation to be part of the Cuban government and thus payments to it for players would be a violation of US law?

So now those teams are stuck with cap $ they can't use.   AND WE'VE GOT JACK ZOELLNER!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 11:44 PM, SteveA said:

I wonder if some of the teams that traded for our international cap space were doing so because they thought there might be some players available from Cuba as part of the new agreement MLB had reached with the Cuban Baseball Federation?

An agreement that the Trump Administration cancelled today because it considers the Cuban Baseball Federation to be part of the Cuban government and thus payments to it for players would be a violation of US law?

So now those teams are stuck with cap $ they can't use.   AND WE'VE GOT JACK ZOELLNER!

I don’t see any stats for him this year.  He is ineligible for the Gulf Coast League.  I guess they are waiting for Arbedeen season to start. 24 1/2 year old not good enough for low A.  

Archived