Please Read: Plus Member scrub and information

Tony-OH

I enjoy following our minor-league system as much as the big league squad. Almost all of my knowledge and tracking of the system is done through the hangout. There is so much information and knowledge from you guys that you can't find anywhere else. I check here daily and always feel like I am on top of any Orioles news to disperse to friends/family. Was a long-time lurker but since joining it has fed my love of tracking the minor league guys quite well. Definitely recommend it, good group here.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, scbalt52 said:

I enjoy following our minor-league system as much as the big league squad. Almost all of my knowledge and tracking of the system is done through the hangout. There is so much information and knowledge from you guys that you can't find anywhere else. I check here daily and always feel like I am on top of any Orioles news to disperse to friends/family. Was a long-time lurker but since joining it has fed my love of tracking the minor league guys quite well. Definitely recommend it, good group here.

The content here is spectacular. The personalities second to none. A bargain compared to a parking violation. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Wern't you a mod for a while?

Kinda sorta.  The guys brought me on board right when my job responsibilities doubled, so I wasn't able to spend the proper time on here.  I still only get on sparingly to check in.  I miss the old days when I had 20 hours of free time every day!  lol

• Upvote 1

The addition of Luke to the staff has been the best thing, without a doubt. Very knowledgeable, very humble.

I like being able to talk Orioles with people who are (mostly) knowledgeable and give updates on players in the minors when I go to the games. I also like that @Tony-OH has given me some chances to do some stuff for the site. Some have worked (reporting on Minor League games and giving information about players I see in person) while others haven't (supposed to do a series of interviews last year and none of them ended up happening because 2018 was against me...)

I greatly appreciate the opportunities he has provided and the conversations on the board.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

The addition of Luke to the staff has been the best thing, without a doubt. Very knowledgeable, very humble.

I like being able to talk Orioles with people who are (mostly) knowledgeable and give updates on players in the minors when I go to the games. I also like that @Tony-OH has given me some chances to do some stuff for the site. Some have worked (reporting on Minor League games and giving information about players I see in person) while others haven't (supposed to do a series of interviews last year and none of them ended up happening because 2018 was against me...)

I greatly appreciate the opportunities he has provided and the conversations on the board.

You’ve done a great job giving us close observations of our minor leaguers, as people as well as players.     Keep up the great work.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't post a whole lot compared to some folks, but I do read as much as I can here and give lots of rep (this is post 4100 from 14 years on the board. I guess my mantra is "shut up and learn" outside of the occasional wisecrack or joke. And yes, I learn a ton. Very thankful for this place and all you fellows provide. Totally worth the subscription cost. 

I think I have my subscription on auto-renew with PayPal. Nothing will change with that? I believe my anniversary date for renewal is the 3rd week of August each year. Can someone advise if I'm still on the same route, auto-renew as a plus member? 

• Upvote 1

Tony, Drungo, Frobby, Roy, and now Luke.

I've been hanging around here since I put a computer in my house in 1998.  I don't post that often, because I'm not any sort of analyst, and I have no special baseball knowledge.  But I learn an awful lot by reading these boards every day.  Every day.

Long live the OH!  (Like the OH in the national anthem!)

Thanks, Tony!

• Upvote 3

• Tony-OH locked, unlocked and pinned this topic
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:23 AM, ChipTait said:

Tony, Drungo, Frobby, Roy, and now Luke.

I've been hanging around here since I put a computer in my house in 1998.  I don't post that often, because I'm not any sort of analyst, and I have no special baseball knowledge.  But I learn an awful lot by reading these boards every day.  Every day.

Long live the OH!  (Like the OH in the national anthem!)

Thanks, Tony!

If you've been around since 1998, you may go back to our Geocities days! Hahaha

• Upvote 1

Been loving this site for many more years than I can remember - ?.  Being a Plus member is one of my bucket list entries that I cherish dearly!  I'd love to see a count of Plus members appear somewhere just for grins.  I also wonder if @Tx Oriole will pony up on his own or use the fixed income retiree excuse?  At any rate, thanks for so much for so little!  Keep on keeping on!

bobmc

• Upvote 1

I just renewed my subscription. It's wild to think how much time, energy, joy and pain, I've invested in OH over the years! I hope my employer never figures it out!! :) I found the site in 2000. My first post, under a long dead username, was my opinion that the Rangers would regret investing something like 25% of their payroll into ARod. I was blasted hard! Those were different days when a lot of fans bought into Boras' claims about ARod helping the Rangers with real estate deals around the park, etc. I think I've probably checked the OH on about 98% of the days I've access to the internet since 2000. I've logged in from Brazil, Ecuador, Argentina, New Zealand, England, Spain, The Netherlands, Switzerland, and Poland over the years. Tony has always run a great site and although I've never met any of  you it is amazing how much time I have "hung out" with you. Great site and worth the money. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I mentioned Geocities to someone in their 20's the other day and got a blank stare back.

I didn't remember Geocities at all (and I'm old enough to know). Just looked it up...apparently it still existed in Japan until this month.