The 2019 Orioles Are One Of The Most Anonymous Teams In MLB History

Moose Milligan

11 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

2019 Orioles: “Meh, not as terrible as I expected.”

Not sure if that will be worthy of a blu-ray.

Yeah they should be better than last years team that had Machado, Schoop, Jones, Gausman, Britton, Davis, Trumbo and other known names.  Really it is quite difficult to win only 47 games in a season.  If they do it again they will be something quite special. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The offense has been way more impressive than the pitching this spring.  They are 4th in runs scored, 5th in OPS, but 26th in ERA.    Sure, spring training stats mean little, but at least there’s reason for some optimism for the offense.    The pitching looks abysmal.   

Fair. I'm more going off the names I see. Obviously if Hays and Sisco break out, that's different. But even if we've got some talented young players, I kinda expect them to struggle at first. And then it seems like the rest of our line up are either journeymen types or guys we can't get rid of. 

1 hour ago, Bubble Buddy said:

Fair. I'm more going off the names I see. Obviously if Hays and Sisco break out, that's different. But even if we've got some talented young players, I kinda expect them to struggle at first. And then it seems like the rest of our line up are either journeymen types or guys we can't get rid of. 

To be clear, I don’t expect our offense to be good.    But there are some rays of hope for the future at certain spots.    As far as the pitching goes, I’m probably more interested in the progress of our minor leaguers than the performance of the major league staff, which I think will be pretty awful.     Bundy’s failure to develop into even a no. 3-type starter has been a real setback for this organization.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Yeah they should be better than last years team that had Machado, Schoop, Jones, Gausman, Britton, Davis, Trumbo and other known names.  Really it is quite difficult to win only 47 games in a season.  If they do it again they will be something quite special. 

I’m figuring new management and hungry younger players should lead to more wins. Even if the final record ends up being 62-100.

It will be better when guys like Diaz and Hays get called up. Mountcastle too. Also some of the SP's in the upper minors like Tate, Ortiz and Kremer. Hopefully they all force the issue very quickly. I dont have much hope for the opening day roster or the starting rotation. 

53 minutes ago, Frobby said:

To be clear, I don’t expect our offense to be good.    But there are some rays of hope for the future at certain spots.    As far as the pitching goes, I’m probably more interested in the progress of our minor leaguers than the performance of the major league staff, which I think will be pretty awful. Bundy’s failure to develop into even a no. 3-type starter has been a real setback for this organization.

Yes

9 minutes ago, theocean said:

My worry is that they're going to be so horribly bad with so many absolutely forgettable players that no one outside of the diehards on this board will even care about the O's when they are good again.

In a whisper....

If you build it....

14 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

It will be better when guys like Diaz and Hays get called up. Mountcastle too. Also some of the SP's in the upper minors like Tate, Ortiz and Kremer. Hopefully they all force the issue very quickly. I dont have much hope for the opening day roster or the starting rotation. 

I don’t think any of those pitchers will force the issue that quickly, nor should we rush them.    And I’ll go on record as saying Keegan Akin will be better than Tate, and maybe Ortiz too.    (Ortiz hasn’t looked good in last year’s call up or this spring but his AAA numbers were good so I have some hope there.)

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

To be clear, I don’t expect our offense to be good.    But there are some rays of hope for the future at certain spots.    As far as the pitching goes, I’m probably more interested in the progress of our minor leaguers than the performance of the major league staff, which I think will be pretty awful.     Bundy’s failure to develop into even a no. 3-type starter has been a real setback for this organization.

Yup. Gotta hope the Hall-GRod combo fares better than our fond hopes of the Bundy-Gausman 1-2 punch.

Archived