Austin Hays: On The Mend!

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Maybe we'll see him by 6/1.

In Baltimore?    I seriously doubt it.

I’m not going to get greedy here.   I just want Hays to have a healthy year from here on out and hit like he’s capable of when he’s healthy.   I’m pretty sure he was slated for Norfolk before his injury, but now it won’t surprise me if they start him at Bowie.    We’ll see.    I think if he sees Baltimore this year, it won’t be until sometime after the all star break.   

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

In Baltimore?    I seriously doubt it.

I’m not going to get greedy here.   I just want Hays to have a healthy year from here on out and hit like he’s capable of when he’s healthy.   I’m pretty sure he was slated for Norfolk before his injury, but now it won’t surprise me if they start him at Bowie.    We’ll see.    I think if he sees Baltimore this year, it won’t be until sometime after the all star break.   

Depends on how he hits.  He passes his service time mark around May 15th.  There is really no reason to keep him at AAA unless he is not hitting. Could be as early as some time in June.

20 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Depends on how he hits.  He passes his service time mark around May 15th.  There is really no reason to keep him at AAA unless he is not hitting. Could be as early as some time in June.

Stay with me here:   it is just possible that the team won’t feel that a couple weeks of data is enough to establish that Hays is ready for the majors, even if he hits well in a small sample size.    

Let’s not forget that Hays struggled mightily in his first call-up after dominating both A+ and AA for five straight months.   

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Stay with me here:   it is just possible that the team won’t feel that a couple weeks of data is enough to establish that Hays is ready for the majors, even if he hits well in a small sample size.    

Let’s not forget that Hays struggled mightily in his first call-up after dominating both A+ and AA for five straight months.   

If Hays can stay healthy he should be on a rehab assignment by May 11th.  If he hits well they should have a good idea where he is in his development in a month is my guess.

Just now, orioles22 said:

I'd like to see him dominate AAA like he did AA before going to the Orioles. He still has plenty to prove in my mind.

Yeah, I agree.   He’s my favorite of all our prospects, but he still has things to prove.    

Archived