Sherill being looked at by phillies?

Saintbird

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Donald is a SS? I don't know why I thought he was a 2nd baseman. Hmm? Seems interesting looking at his stats that he hasn't become a OH favorite to acquire.

Oh he's been a favorite, just not talked about because the Phillies haven't been in the news as much for trades since the Blanton deal.

Not to mention Happ could replace Sherrill. He's been lights out vs. LH hitting in the minors.

At this point I would start Happ and put him in the rotation to see if he could stick. We could use the help.

Donald is a SS? I don't know why I thought he was a 2nd baseman. Hmm? Seems interesting looking at his stats that he hasn't become a OH favorite to acquire.

Where have you been? Many of us have been touting him. TyWright kicked it off months ago.

Now, he may be better suited for second though..Tough to say at this point but I would certainly put him at SS and find out.

Where have you been? Many of us have been touting him. TyWright kicked it off months ago.

Now, he may be better suited for second though..Tough to say at this point but I would certainly put him at SS and find out.

I don't read the OH as much as I use too :( . I remember hearing his name before, but I made the mistake of thinking he played 2nd and not SS.

I don't read the OH as much as I use too :( . I remember hearing his name before, but I made the mistake of thinking he played 2nd and not SS.

That is because a lot of us were targeting him as a replacement for Roberts if he was dealt. It all started back in Feb. or so.

Yep...Leaving the Dodgers, Phils, Red Sox and Rays to fight for Sherrill.

It is becoming very hard to imagine that Sherrill will still be an Oriole on Aug 1...Too many teams after him that have too many pieces we need.

More often than naught, I agree with you. However, our opinions differ here.

I just have a terrible feeling that MacPhail is going to overplay his hand.

Jason Donald, J.A. Happ, and Joe Savery would be nice?

The Phillies were impressed with J.A. Happ last week. I don't believe he would be in a trade for Sherrill. Donald could be had because of Utley. Is there any talk about trying to get Burrell? The OF of Burrell-Jones-Markakis would be very good.He has hit 30+ HR 3 straight years. and ave over 90 rbi

The Phillies were impressed with J.A. Happ last week. I don't believe he would be in a trade for Sherrill. Donald could be had because of Utley. Is there any talk about trying to get Burrell? The OF of Burrell-Jones-Markakis would be very good.He has hit 30+ HR 3 straight years. and ave over 90 rbi

Why would they trade Burrell if they are loading up to win. More dreaming here IMO. NOTE : Contending teams dont usually trade their star players in exchange for players of non-contending team.

Thye trade prospects as not to wipe out the additions by making subtractions!

I think the Phils may be the most desperate team we will be dealing with.

Jason Donald just seems to make sense in Baltimore and after watching the futures game watching him and Roberts at SS and 2B would be poetry in motion.

Archived