Already accomplished something last year's team couldn't

bpilktree

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s a cute stat, but meaningless.   If they have a winning record in any full month this year, then I’ll be impressed.   

I'm impressed they won a series.

I'm impressed they won a series, on the road.

I'm impressed they won a series, on the road, in the AL East.

I'm impressed they won a series, on the road in the AL East, in NY.

Edit to add:  I don't think it means somehow the Orioles are not among the worst teams in baseball, but it is not meaningless.

42 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Edit to add:  I don't think it means somehow the Orioles are not among the worst teams in baseball, but it is not meaningless.

Winning a series at Yankee Stadium is something I will always celebrate. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tx Oriole said:

Well okay. I’m just happy that the team won 2 of 3 from New York.

1 hour ago, foxfield said:

Points taken.   Believe me, I was just as happy as anyone else that we won those two games and that series.   Ecstatic, really.   

I’m just not assigning any importance to have a winning “month.”     It’s not a month; it’s not even a week, and I don’t really consider our streak of losing months to have been broken.    Most monthly split lists don’t show March separately, they just lump it in with April, and I agree with that.  

o

If the Orioles go 14-14 in April, then they will sort of have a winning record for a month because of the fact that they went 2-1 in March, and March is kind of an attachment to April ........ somewhat similar to when a game or two is played in October being an attachment of sorts to the month of September.

Granted that the Orioles going 14-14 (or better) in April is even less likely than them having taken 2 out of 3 games from the Yankees in the Bronx, but I just wanted to point out that theoretical possibility ........ why not ???

o

I'm going to take any series win, or comeback win, or just about any win this season and just enjoy the moment. Baseball is a 162 game season and I think we all know this team is not going to be very good overall, so why not just savor the wins especially since we get to play underdog all year?

This weekend, early in the season, we found a way to win 2 or 3 from a Yankees team that offensively is going to set some records most likely. It was fun to watch even if the games got a little hairy at the end.

15 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm going to take any series win, or comeback win, or just about any win this season and just enjoy the moment. Baseball is a 162 game season and I think we all know this team is not going to be very good overall, so why not just savor the wins especially since we get to play underdog all year?

This weekend, early in the season, we found a way to win 2 or 3 from a Yankees team that offensively is going to set some records most likely. It was fun to watch even if the games got a little hairy at the end.

Would it be Orioles baseball without this? 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

In relation to the thread title: the O’s have won a game at SkyDome this year, something they couldn’t accomplish in 2018 (0-10).   

Yes. I relish every win in the Death Dome. The Orioles always seem to get killed there. So many bad memories associated with that place.