New hot dog vendor at Camden Yards.

Going Underground

18 hours ago, atomic said:

I think there are a couple of accounts that are people's second accounts that are being used to downvote me.  TWPJ and MGH5208 who have been downvoting me in several threads seem fake.  If you are a member and are using secodary accounts to downvote people both your primary and secondary account should be banned.

I'm not "fake", just been lurking for years. You are a strain on the community and I'm not even sure why you are still permitted to post. It is one thing to have a different opinion but entirely different to be so pompous about it(not to mention how misguided you are regarding just about most things). As far as I can tell many here have you on ignore. Not sure why I don't. 

Flame away, because we all know you can't leave it alone. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, TWpj said:

I'm not "fake", just been lurking for years. You are a strain on the community and I'm not even sure why you are still permitted to post. It is one thing to have a different opinion but entirely different to be so pompous about it(not to mention how misguided you are regarding just about most things). As far as I can tell many here have you on ignore. Not sure why I don't. 

I try and remember my motto, "Do Not Engage", but its so hard, they knowingly say stupid things and claim it as factual.

Ignore button is great, but then somebody replies to it, then you see their stupid post, and its like, you got to be kidding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I try and remember my motto, "Do Not Engage", but its so hard, they knowingly say stupid things and claim it as factual.

Ignore button is great, but then somebody replies to it, then you see their stupid post, and its like, you got to be kidding.

It's tough because some of us here want to guard this community we've been a part of for a long time and it's hard to just sit back and let someone be a detriment to it. That to me just feels like giving up. But I suppose we just have to wait until he does something truly bannable to the letter of the board rules. If it were me running a website, he'd be gone. This isn't a courtroom, it's a business, and I don't need trash posts driving away my traffic and souring my community. That's the last I'll say on it and I'm putting the jabroni on ignore right now and I encourage folks to hit that report button if he's personally attacking you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, TWpj said:

A strain on a community you aren’t part of.  I don’t believe for a second you aren’t fake.

21 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

You are the most offensive poster of any forum I participate in.  You continually post misogynistic stuff.  Maybe you don’t realize people have mothers, sisters, wives and daughters but really I am constantly offended and disturbed by your posts. I have reported them but for some reason you continue to make them. 

Wow, has this thread outlived it’s usefulness.     No fault of the OP.

Back on topic:

Americans purchase 350 million pounds of hot dogs at retail stores - that's 9 billion hot dogs! But the actual number of hot dogs consumed by Americans is probably much larger. It is difficult to calculate the number of hot dogs Americans may eat at sporting events, local picnics and carnivals. The Council estimates Americans consume 20 billion hot dogs a year - more than twice the retail sales figures. That works out to about 70 hot dogs per person each year. Hot dogs are served in 95 percent of homes in the United States.

https://www.hot-dog.org/culture/hot-dog-fast-facts

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Soda consumption in the U.S. was 39 gallons per capita in 2018.   https://www.statista.com/statistics/306836/us-per-capita-consumption-of-soft-drinks/.   That’s down about 25% since the peak in 2000.     Still, that means a lot of people are still drinking soda.    That’s like 312 16-oz. bottles of soda per person per year.

I’m not saying this to condone it.   We can all agree it’s not the healthiest thing to drink.   Just saying that if you don’t know anyone who lets their kids drink soda, you must be living in a bubble.     

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, atomic said:

A strain on a community you aren’t part of.  I don’t believe for a second you aren’t fake.

Believe what you'd like, its foolish to engage with someone who only hears what they want to hear anyhow. Just because I don't post doesn't mean I don't read what others post and link to. 

Carry on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

• weams locked this topic