Dan Straily 2019

interloper

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

For several reasons, I think, going from the NL to pitching for us in the AL East adds about a run to your ERA

Is there any statistical data that proves that moving from the NL to the AL will add a run to a pitchers ERA? This isn't the first time Straily pitched in the AL several season ago for Oakland, had 27 starts with a 3.96 era.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

Is there any statistical data that proves that moving from the NL to the AL will add a run to a pitchers ERA? This isn't the first time Straily pitched in the AL several season ago for Oakland, had 27 starts with a 3.96 era.

Not NL just to AL, to AL East, specifically pitching for the Os against NY and BOS 19 times a year

Straily scouting report against A's tonight:

FB: 88-91 that was hit hard (98.8 EV avg). 2 Swinging strikes in 21 pitches
SL: 82-87 that didn't miss any bats in 23 pitches. (92.7 EV)
CH: 83-84 that got two swinging strikes. (88.1EV) 

87 was the ML average EV in 2018.

30 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Straily scouting report against A's tonight:

FB: 88-91 that was hit hard (98.8 EV avg). 2 Swinging strikes in 21 pitches
SL: 82-87 that didn't miss any bats in 23 pitches. (92.7 EV)
CH: 83-84 that got two swinging strikes. (88.1EV) 

87 was the ML average EV in 2018.

The Orioles wanted to ease him in but injuries made  him a starter.Might take him another week or so to get a little better 

16 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I don't think Elias thought he had enough SP to get the team through the season. Straily will likely give you 6IPs at a low 4 ERA most days. Having days where Hess doesn't last long and another starter is similarly struggling would be taxing on the pen every 5 days. I think it helps with the product that fans have to watch this season even if expectations are that we finish in the basement. 

Now you have it right: Elias needs to use Straily to eat innings (even if ineffectively) in order to expose emerging pitchers according to their developmental choreography as the season progresses. 

16 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

No.

But we will all witness it happen in OPACY, yet again.

o

Nice bounce-back outing for Straily.

He was a little unlucky in the 5th inning, when the lead-off batter reached safely via an infield single ........ after the following batter hit a long-single to create a runners on 1st and 3rd with nobody out situation, Straily did a reasonably good job of minimizing the damage by allowing only a single run to score.

15 OUTS: )7 Groundouts, 4 Lineouts, 2 Strikeouts2 Flyouts

DANIEL STEVEN STRAILY o)))o (vs. RED SOX, 4/15)

IP:lll5

H:lll2 )(2 Singles)

R:lllll 1

BB:lll)l

SO:lll2

Pitches: ll)86 )(51 )Strikes, )35)Balls)

2019 ERA: ))10.24  ))  9.67 IP  (11 ER) 

2019 WHIP: ))1.862  ))  9.67 IP  (18 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )).349 ) (15 for 43) 

PITCHES BY INNING

11 lll(71 lllStrikes, lll41 lllBalls)

21 lll(13 llStrikes, lll81 lllBalls)

12 ll(61 lllStrikes, lll61 lllBalls)

14 ll(81 lllStrikes, lll61 lllBalls)

28 ll(17 llStrikes, ll11 lllllBalls)

o

On 4/10/2019 at 10:49 PM, Bahama O's Fan said:

No. Just the way it looks to the "naked eye"

Straily looked very pedestrian today ? (Rolling Eyes)

just havking on you but I think this is closer to what you will get than his last start. As I mentioned I think it plays out that he's the 3rd best starter on the team before all is said and done.

9 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

just havking on you but I think this is closer to what you will get than his last start. As I mentioned I think it plays out that he's the 3rd best starter on the team before all is said and done.

At this point ERAs are out the window. If we can just find SP that can go 5IP and give up 3ER or less than it’s a success. Just keep us in the game, don’t let it get embarrassing, and not make the pen throw 7IP

11 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

That's not a high bar to get over. :D

Archived